Spybot ignores some stuff?

To remove spyware, I use spybot search and destroy. I've cghecked its ignore products list and there are several programs it is set to ignore. I uncheck them but afterwards, the items apear checked agin. What's going on?

I noticed that some items on mine were ignored initially. I unchecked mine and they are still unchecked.

Its possible something is preventing you from changing it. I run Ad-Aware and Spybot. What one doesn't catch the other usually does. I also start any removal session by bringing up msconfig, shutting off anything I don't recognize and rebooting. That way they can't reinstall themselves on the fly. Its worked for me so far.;)

Installed adaware, it misses some stuff that spybot picks up but now that I am using both, computer is probably spyware-free

I'm at work, but what does Spybot leave checked that it avoids? I hope it's nothing really serious..

I run both Ad-aware Pro and Spybot myself, so I hope I'm up-to-date. I have a friend that swears by Spy Sweeper, but I wasn't impressed when I was fixing his computer the other day and tried it..

Opinions?

I just did a reload of my system (@$#%@#^). Thought I needed a windows reload, but it turned out to be a hardware problem (bad electrolytic capacitors on the MB :eek: :mad: ). Good thing I know my way around a soldering iron ($8 fix :D ). One broken PC fixed, one to go :rolleyes: .

Here is the list of ignored (checked) items in the "Ignore products" list of a fresh load of Spybot.

LSP.NEWS.NET
MYSEARCH
NEW.NET
SIDESTEP

I have no idea how problematic these are, but I unchecked them. Perhaps they are reset to ignore when you download file set updates?? Doubt it though.

Not nice - but possibly unsafe to remove - badly removing New.Net tears the guts out of your TCP/IP stack - LSPFIX is something you should get hold of and stash away for when it's needed.

http://www.webattack.com/get/lspfix.shtml

New.Net seem to be undergoing some rehabilitation in the eyes of the anti-spyware community, but it's still something I wouldn't allow on my machine. If people are stupid enough to buy and use "FAKE" domain names, that's their problem.