Soundfonts

Hi guys, Many of you will have seen my previous post about my midi problems with the clonking noises on the midi files instead of drums. I've been trying to find a decent soundfont file that will be able to get rid of this problem but I've had no such luck. I've downloaded many large soundfonts but still there was no improvement.

I have used Unison, Fluid, Real Font, and Chorium. They are all large in size but the clonking still occurrs. Can you please help me?

Scarecrow I've been using Free soundfonts. I thibnk I need soundfonts with heaps of different drumkits so that I can get rid of the clonking.

VIPER_1069 said:
@duracell you linked back to hunnich's original thread :confused: ?! where the problems started out :confused:
it was thought as an answer to scarecrow's question: "And (since I can't recall your post ATM) what is your soundcard?"

seems a was a little bit non talkative yesterday; :D

After reading all your posts in my opinion I think that you have a better option by simply buying a used soundblaster card (anything from live! and up) wich you could get at ebay for a very small price, then instead of using the original creative drivers get to www.kxproject.com and use the drivers developed by them, I know that this would make you spend some money but this way you´ll end with a much better audio quality and a sampler that would be only limited to the size of your RAM and with real hardware midi routing.

using soundblaster cards still requires the use of a soundfont. The quality of the sound will be deermined by the soundfont that is loaded. In other words... I go and buy a new soundcard and i'll end up here with exactly the same problem with the only difference being the name and brand of my card.