Sound problems with Liteon

allpie

Liteon DVD RW sound probs

All new to this technology business and hoping someone can help me!
I bought a DVD-RW Liteon drive the other day and installed it pretty much ok but now my PC is not recognising my speakers (yes, they are plugged in!). Have i damaged something or is this a common problem? :confused:

Not recognising? - Unless you have USB interfaced speaker system, there is nothing TO recognise?

You may have dislodged the soundcard from it's slot when plugging the audio cable in (and you DID use anti-static precautions, I hope).

Any disturbance can also result in a scratchy contact by the jack plugs for the speakers.

Is it onboard sound or a card (and if you have damaged the onboard, but the rest still works, than adding a sound card is probably the simplest fix).

A friend also found that they somehow managed to slip into "Mute Sound" mode, or a normally undisplayed but critical slider somehow ended up at zero - One of these things that can happen if the focus slips from the window you were working on, and you accidentally change something.

Bring up the mixer - normally in accessories, and use the settings to add EVERYTHING to the display - you may well see something zero or muted that shouldn't be.

Also try playing all possible sources, CD, WAV files in Windows, Midi files - those are the 3 main paths in most sound systems.