Sound Card Audio Problem

onbourd sound is a Realtek ALC 101 intigrated sound card. Brand new Mobo replace 3 times and still all have same problem. With all the M/B's the sound dose not come out of the right speaker, all sound card properties appear to be fine. How ever after new reinstall of windows problem still persist everthing is new on the computer all ram and audio accelaration is set to full please reply ASAP.

Latest soundcard drivers installed?
Output set to 2 speakers instead of 5:1 ?
Did you switch place of the speakers to find out if the right speaker itself is broken?(only double contact speakers,of course)

You have, of course, checked the speakers on a cassette player or something?

A fresh motherboard, a clean install, no adjustments....

Hang on, is it WAV playing and generated sound, or CD-Audio cable playthrough of a CD, where the wrong or mis-wired cable could lose one side?

This is the ECS K7S5A, in the sig, and not something else?

It carries the standard audio on the backplate, not on a riser, which rules out a faulty riser.

I'm clutching at straws now... are all the motherboard mountings accounted for? - if one is where it doesn't match up, then it could be shorting something - though it would be sheer luck for it to be no more than one audio channel.

The speakers have been changed, the motherboard has been changed, Windows reinstalled, what else is there?

The case and backplate, presumably are not fouling the plug, preventing proper insertion.

There's a FP-Audio connection - are there jumpers to switch to it, or jumpers to enable/disable the headphone amplifier, and could they be wrong on all the motherboards? - if a batch was mis-assembled, they could be!

theres nothing wrong with the IRO. I think that since i got 3 bourds with bad chips, that they have alot more with bad chips and just don't want to admit it. BUt anyways i got tired of messing with it and put in a pci soiund card. Works fine now, Thx for yalls help

Viper_182 said:
theres nothing wrong with the IRO.

If the IRQ is,I.E.,shared with an incompatible piece of hardware,you can have major problems....
I have a friend who had problems with his onboard audio chip too.....turned out to be an issue with his Logitech usb mouse ......usb and audiochip shared the same IRQ......after a manual change,his probs were gone...

I wouldn't associate "loss of one channel" with an IRQ problem - since stereo sound still uses only one resource for both channels.

The line of least resistance for most "onboard X" problems is to use a card instead - until recently, most onboard facilities have been vastly inferior to their card based counterparts anyway...