Sony..How the mighty fall....

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/3220117.stm
They`ve been quality innovators,and sold top class reliable products for years,but their prices have always been high.They have been undercut by their competitors.The minidisk never really took off.Betamax took a dive.They fell behind by not producing flat screen technology until only recently,when everyone else has been producing it for some time now...And M$`s X-BOX is gaining ground on the PS2 fast....What do you guyz think?

Last edited:
Have never really liked sony stuff, way 2 expensive & the build quality isnt exactly the best, but it a trendy name, so folk will still buy it

BaNzI:D

banzibaby said:
Have never really liked sony stuff, way 2 expensive & the build quality isnt exactly the best, but it a trendy name, so folk will still buy it

BaNzI:D
I`ve still got a Sony home cd player (CDP-35),originally part of a stack system,one of the first ever original cd players,15 years old,and it`s still going strong.After all ,they,in partnership with Philips,invented the Audio CD,so I can`t totally agree with all that you`re sayin`,banzi m8..their build quality has declined over the years,and is not what it was,and the prices don`t reflect this.For instance,even the outer casings on their products were all made of metal (now they`re inferior plastic..)
with sturdy good quality switches,knobs and sliders.My younger brother,now living in France, owns one of the original Sony Walkmans.Steel casing and the weight of it...heavy! But it`s still going! I think Sony are now living on past glories though..

Last edited: