Sony DVD Crashing Problem

Bliggick

This problem has had me stumped for months and nothing anybody suggested has worked. I have a Sony DVD burner model DRU-800A installed with latest firmware. If I put a written DVD in the drive and try to use it the computer will crash (CDs are fine). Then after booting up again if I go into the device manager and uninstall the Sony DVD drive and then reboot again I can use DVDs in the drive no problem that one time . However, each time I shut down my computer I must remember to uninstall the drive again, or else a DVD in the drive will crash the computer once again. Weird, huh? I have tried things such as firmware updates, uninstalling media players, registry cleaning, and changing master to slave etc., all to no avail. With this computer I have been using a LG USB DVD burner for the last month and it doesn't have this problem. It's not perfect either. I have been burning CDs with it as slow as possible (4X) to avoid read errors and I am still getting CDs that skip while the Sony has been pretty good. Both drives both produce DVDs that are hit or miss whether my TV DVD players can read them. Trying not to pull my hair out!:mad: