sonic foundry cd architech

does anyone use this program?? How is it comparing to other autio programs like feurio & such. how is the burning engine?? any comment is appreciated.

I think its very easy to use with good results !!
although its all down to what u like.
you wont beat feurio or eac for burning audio but if you want to mess around with cd compilations my advice would be to give it a try !!

theres a new prog called burnatonce which is supposed to be good for burning audio but i have yet to try it.
w*w.burnatonce.com

hope this helps.

spider:cool:

Last edited:
This is not a regular burning program, like Feurio and such. Nor is an audio editor. This is really an Audio-CD architect (designer if you want), in the sense that you can control very easily (at least if you are familiar with other Sonic Foundry great line of programs) how to place and work tracks transitions in the CD you want to burn. For burning a regular CD with studio tracks and 2 secs gaps between tracks it doesn't make sense. But it becames specially handy if you want to edit a live recording with perfect transitions, or a dance record for a party with no gaps between tracks and cool transitions.

So, for regular duties use Feurio or whatever you like. For burning a personalized, designer Audio-CD you can use CD Architect. I think it's great for what it does. You can apply effects and other tools on the tracks, but for editing the tracks themselves, the program will better export the tracks to an audio editor, like SoundForge. As said, what the program is meant for is to provide you with a creative tool to design and control the way your final tracks will be burned on the CD, if you want that. If not then just use a regular burning program.

Since I became aware of it I've been playing with CD architect a lot, and have had great fun with it and made some neat compilations.

It looks perfect for Soundforge users, and plain horrible for Wavelab ones.
Personally I find its GUI absolutely disfunctional, but you may like it yourself.

yep, thats the way it is, the best instrument for you is the one you happens to know better. I feel the same about Wavelab, I'm not going to get into the trouble to decrypt a new GUI when I feel comfortable with SonicFoundry line of products (SoundForge, VegasVideo, CDarchitect, Batch Converter, Preset manager, etc. and they all work together pretty well sharing the same GUI convention). And I don't think I'm more disfunctional than anybody else, maybe as limited as anybody else.

cda

I did use soundforge5 quite often and still i found cda to be pain--major one---dont have it installed it at all!!!For all those tasks wavelab4 is ages ahead of all proggies couse its quiet simple--comparing to other ones!!!!And if you wanna edit some live event as youre saying which feurio and wavelab can do with such ease btw,you would always go with samplitude which got more then exceptional editing(crossfading)abillities then cda!!!

that's what I say, the saxophone has such a disfunctional GUI for a drummer guy, but if you happens to master reeds it sounds soo darn cool