Software vs mod chips

Bobed

DVDXcopy make a DVD backup software that will make backups of your original DVD movies. There has got to be some software that will make a exact replica of Playstation Games that will boot in the system without using any type of mod chip. From what I understand the Playststion system from the use of the eject looks at something on the cd/DVD that tells it it is an original, and when making a backup and inserting it the playstation can tell the difference. What is it on the original disk that can't make it to the backup disk??

To cut a long story short- NO... it's not possible without a modchip.
Just perform a search here, and you will find tons of references.

Bobed

The-poacher said:
U cannot burn to the bit U need the PS2 to reckognise so as above
That sounds like a challenge!! Come on we have a rover on Mars right now and you tell me that a game disk can't be duplicated bit by bit?? Someone must know how.

Yes they do >< U buy for many thousands of £/$ etc a machine & U PRESS the Media NOT BURN Trust me if the burning could be done we'd be doing it.

PS re the thing on Mars >< money well spent (I dont think)

ps2king

A dvd MOVIE is different from a game. I bet it can be done but with a lot of moula involved. I'd rather get a modchip then keep spending more and more money on a simple backup.