Software question?

What i want to do is make a dvd with intergrated and functioning PowerPoint slides. To clarify, I want to have a 10 minute video lead-in which ends with the PowerPoint slide, with bullet points, that highlights the main points of the video. After the last bullet point I want to be able to play another video and repeat the process. Is there anything out there that can create all of this onto a dvd? Thanks

can you not capture the slideshow with snagit as avi or other video format when its played back then just convert it to mpeg and then compile with dvdlab !? or you still wanting to keep it as a slideshow to be used in powerpoint !?

you could get technical and capture the last slide as a jpg and use that as a backdrop and make the bullets as clickable menu options in dvdlab to start the next clip or go back to a main menu !?

:)

The project I am working on will require people to view a short video then recap and continue onto the next video. I wanted to incorporate a series of fully functioning powerpoint slides with bullet points into the dvd that will immediately come up on screeen at the end of each video. I don't know if this is even possible using the dvd format but I thought that if anyone would know, it would be somebody here. Is it possible to execute code ona pc through the dvd drive. maybe have it auto-launch PP after each video.

note YOU can make SLIDESHOWS with DVDLAB also :)

although ive never made one with it :)

heres a link to mediachances short guide on making slideshows with dvdlab

I checked out the link. Thank you. Does it create the slides as part of the movie or something that you have to navigate to seperately?

Have not tried it, but if a PC has MediaPlayer with the DVD plugin, could you not call an embedded mpg in dvd format from the player inside of IE in a separate frame? Hmmmm.

i would have to experiment which you could do also :)

as far as i know you just link whatever media you use together as you would 2 or 3 mpeg clips and then link in any other after you could make a sorta scene select to get you to various points either in the slides or the movie clips as you would with a movie :)

I don't remember exactly. It creates links of some sort. Though 321studios is out of business due to lawsuits from the MPAA for their fair-rights dvd backup work, you may still find it for sale somewhere. I will fire it up when I get a chance to see...