Small & stupid & annoying problem

I installed Reget Deluxe (to compare it with Flashget) and set it to use a directory called 'Downloads' (it existed already) as default download directory. I didn't like it, so I uninstalled it. So far, so good.

But now the Downloads directory has a different icon (see attached image, left side). The strange thing is that if I empty the folder (moving the files to a different folder), it recovers the normal icon (see attached file, right side), but if I move the files again, it changes its icon again !!!

Any hint?

Attachments

very odd indeed !? maby a corrupt entry in the registery !? that reget left behind !?
maby empty the folder delete the folder and then recreate it again as a new folder it may just fix the entry that points to it in the registery !?

when you move the stuff in the folder are you moving the whole folder or just moving the stuff inside !? if yer moving it then it wil dissapear as it will be pointing to a blank or moved location in the registery !!!, when you re use your download manager it will automatically re create the folder when it starts downloading again :) thus replacing the link in the registery that allows the icon to be displayed !! try open the downloads folder and just move the contents within and see if the icon remains and not dissapears :)

Solved it!
It was related to the damned Reget indeed ! The problem is in the hidden desktop.ini file, which says:

[.ShellClassInfo]
ConfirmFileOp=0
IconFile=C:\Archivos de programa\ReGetDx\regetdx.exe
IconIndex=-3049
InfoTip=Files downloaded from the Internet
HTMLInfoTipFile=comment.htt

deleted and the problem disappeared! :D

Btw - Reget had left loads of entries in the registry :(

hi there

just thought of mentioning my favourite download manager.
you got to try it i don't have the file with at the moment but this is its officail website

http://w*w.dlmage.com/

hope you like it
if you want i'll look for it in my all over the place cd's

Link edited daveml

just for your information:
you can use this desktop.ini t change the icon of any folder to anything you want
just use this syntax and point to the icon file you want to use:
Code:
[.ShellClassInfo]
IconFile=C:\path\to\your\icon.ico
IconIndex=0
ConfirmFileOp=0
InfoTip=a comment that appears on holding the mouse over the folder
i use it to have a little games icon for my games folder and some little notes for my music folder ...
looks cute
FortiTude