Slide card/Swap problems

KonsentoSlim

Hey hey.
I have to say, the slide card is pretty sweet.
I've been having one problem though.
The DVD disc works, but the CD one comes up as an unrecognizable format. It brings up that red screen on the PS2, saying "insert a PS2 format disc".
WHY??
I really want to play this game, but I can't do it with the DVD disc.
Help?

xxxopenxxx

Sometimes It Doesnt Start

So Press The Button That Says Reset. If It Keeps Saying Insert A PS2 Format Disk, Then Ur Disc Is Ruined.

Hi m8.

i used to use the swap disks, didnt really have any problems with disks that i backed up myself, the disks that wouldnt play were downloaded rips, dont know that much about the swap disks, but i believe that they cannnot play dvd rips at all, is this disk a rip? if so then maybe this is your problem, anyways, got the PS2 chipped would never go back to the disks now jsut for the hassle factor of swapping the disks over.

Tommyis3

KonsentoSlim

Perhaps some clarification.
I use the Swap Magic discs to swap in an imported game (I haven't tried any burned games yet).
Like I said, the DVD Swap disc works, the CD one doesn't. I've been hearing that Swap Magic v3.0 doesn't work with PS2 v. 9 & 10.
Mod-Chip.com said it was compatible with all versions.
Should I be mad at them, or is what you've been saying right?

Baza171

Alright mate a friend of mine has the same problems his Dvd swap magic disk loads up fine but as soon as he trys the Cd one his playstation wont load it it just make some funny noises and then says disk error. Ive tryed mine on his and it worked for a few times and then just went back to the same. The way it sometimes works is to stand your playstation up or visa versa it sometimes reads the disk better its worth a try. So if anybody knows why some playstations do this it would be a big help.

chef1366

Try cleaning the lens. If that doesn't work try turning on the ps2 without a disk and press version. Turn diagnosis on and insert the cd without resetting.
It should read the cd. I had the same problem with a gameshark cd and this fixed my problem.

adderly

i'm a beginner at this, so bear with me. i insert my Swap Magic disc and i come a screen that says "Please insert a Playstation or Playstation 2 format disc." i do my swap and everything but i can't get passed that screen. i pressed all the buttons on my pad and nothing! What can be wrong?

chef1366

Bad cd?

The ps2 is not reading the cd. So you can swap and do anything you want and it won't get past that screen. Try cleaning the lens or trying the diagnosis. If these don't work you have a bogus cd. You might need to get the new version 3.2 because this works with newer models.

Last edited:

Baza171

Alright mate me again ive tryed the new version of cd swap magic and still the playstation wont read it to be honest i think its the lazer how old is your playstation. :)