Slide Card or Flip Top

Juked

I have come up with 2 inexpensive ways of playing burned games on my ps2. One is the Slide Card and the other is the Flip Top. They both come with Magic Disks v3.

What are some things I should know about each and what are the positives and negatives?

Slide Card

Flip Top

Right now I'm leaning towards the Slide Card because I dont have to do any internal tampering with the ps2 and the warranty stay's together.

ps2king

The warranty sticker is valid for 3 months and after that it's USELESS!! Both are harmful to your ps2 because by using the fliptop your laser gets exposed and by using the slide card you're opening the tray twice as much therefore wearing out your tray twice as fast. Same applies for the Flip tops.

A modchip was designed to cause no harm to your ps2.

I spoke to PSX_PAUL with regards to both when i was considering gettin my ps2 sorted ..... he advised me to STAY WELL AWAY from both flip top lids and slide card techniques/hardware as this will eventually in time cause POTENTIAL ps2 erm breakage (cleaned that wording up there :) as paul used stronger words lol! :) )

PS2KING .....

A modchip was designed to cause no harm to your ps2.

sums it up quite well methinks :)

:)

OwenRocky

I use the slide card and nothing has happened to my PS2 yet. I had a modchip first. After I got someone to install it, nothing happened. That really ticked me off, so I got a Slide Card and now I can play my backups.

@OwenRocky

seems like whoever fitted your mod did not fit it properly or they scammed you and did not fit one at all !?

everyone that i know who's had a chip fitted properly /correctly have never had any bother with it playing backups its usually the media problem that stops them working correctly :)