Slapped on the Wrist, and what for???

I have been a member of this forum for over a year now, and have always followed the forums rules, and while like other I am dissapointed about some of the recent changes, and do see the need for them, and thus have not bitched, moaned complained about it in any way. BUT after seeing this I was quite irritated,

I have been notified about a reply to a thread I posted over 5 months before any changes took place (23-05-02).

and the warnings that are ther such as "DO NOT ASK FOR CRACKS/SERIALS AT THIS FORUM PLEASE, IT IS AGAINST THE RULES AS YOU WELL SHOULD KNOW" against myself and "DO NOT POST ANYTHING LIKE THIS AGAIN PLEASE IF YOU WISH TO REMAIN A MEMBER HERE" against xyzt are just not on.

This was posted a long time before the forum when legal, and since the thread is no longer valid it and other like it, should be deleted, and not give people the impession that members are breaking the rules when there not, because of old posts.

Becuase I DO know not to post warez/cracks as is stated in the rules!!!

I can understand that this will take time and that this is probably a blanket reaction to all the old posts, on the furm, but if old posts like this were removed it would improve the forum, and prevent any false impressions.

Laz

Indeed, my mistake Shakari. :eek:

Please accept my humble apologies for this genuine error m8, my mind was on a few other matters this morning and I simply just did not notice the date of this post, sorry.

No hard feelings I hope m8.

Thank you for your understanding Shakari, i'm sure you can appreciate the huge task it is to clean the forum and after what seams like the 1000th thread asking for warez indeed the admins must be on autopilot now.

Laz is an excellent admin IMHO and to substantiate it he has apologised, all the team do an awesome job with the forum.

To just put something into context, it has been nearly a month since we went legit and the forum still has some dark corners that need cleaning, this has not been taken lightly by the team and they work very hard in cleaning it all up, but it has taken over 3 weeks now so i'm sure everyone can now see what a monumental task it really is.

once again thank you for your understanding Shakari you are a respected and very well liked member of the forum we hope to be seeing alot more like you :D .

Laz

spottydog said:
Would it be of any help, if when people come across these `darker corners` they are brought to your attention for removal?
Yes it sure would m8.

If you or anyone else comes across such posts then simply just PM a Mod/Admin.

Thanks ever so much for your thoughts on this too. ;)

if you look in the bottom right corner of the post you will see a lil link saying "report this post to a moderator" lol guess what this does?.
im sure any help would be very welcome :D thanx guys .

Shakari apologies from the staff bro and I'm glad that you understand the task we have to do here.:)
Genuine mistakes from both parties happen from time to time we just let slip sorry once again.:)

Midnightangel said:
if you look in the bottom right corner of the post you will see a lil link saying "report this post to a moderator" lol guess what this does?.
im sure any help would be very welcome :D thanx guys .
Ha Ha :p
I did, but when it said it what it was to be used for I changed my mind. Wrong again doh!

No Each case is dealt with on its merits <> certain things can get U an instant ban.(eg Racist remarks <.>Violent abuse of fellow member) <> U get the picture!!

Most forums tend to run 3 strikes and your out, cant see why that cant be used here. But its rare anyone ever gets banned from here, we are a pretty friendly lot really.

Yes,we are very fair here. ;)

Things that get a permanent ban are...

1.Racial attacks/slurs on other members.Initiating fights with other members(it is okay to disagree) but be polite.

2.Spamming products>multiple posts that are only meant to get hits for a website.

3.Repeatedly posting of warez/serials/cracks,etc.

4.User names that contain vulgar language such as *uck off,*uck you,etc.

Since we are a PC forum we try to make things comfortable for all of our members. :)