Securom New games Titles

I haven't confirmed yet, but prolly Unreal Tournament 2003, as it does use Securom and it was released this morning.. ;)

JeRrYFaR
Seen that myself m8 lol....the prob with securom is that some new games are still being released with older versions of securom which complicates matters a little when trying to compile a list:mad: ..at least it's easier with sd2 lol

Frontline Attack, Emperor: Rise of the Middle Kingdom and the expansion disc for Empire Earth should, perhaps, be put into a separate category as they are using something new in their protection scheme and don't appear to be capable of being copied with existing software. :mad: (securerom 4?)

I've been reading conflicting reports about Emperor Rise Of The Middle Kingdom.........some say it is sd2 and others securom new....the nfo that i dl'ed with the game states sd2..hmmmmmm

Possibly different protections used in different parts of the world. Version released here in oz is definitely securom and, to date, not capable of being copied. (Wish it were safedisc 2 though. ;) )

Update: Checked my registry and the game installed a collection of new registry entries under a new key of SecuROM. No doubt, part of the way in which the updated protection works.

Last edited:
new copy protection

just to let you no there seems to be a new version of SD2 its 2.8 and is on the new version of the sims unleashed there is a new file in the root directory called macrovision security driver as well as the old tmp files it also has the same problem as 2.5 had when it came out that most drive stuggled to make a 1-1 copy (weak sectors) but now drives that use to be able to copy it cant can anyone else confirm this thanks:mad:

Safedisc 2.8x cds can be successfully copied with any writer that can handle safedisc 2.51 and above. It's just that it can't be done with a Lite-on writer using either clonecd or alcohol.

Either use discdump to make an image of the cd and burn it with a raw burning program that supports cue sheets (fireburner is recommended) or just use discjuggler.

Not quite right...

philamber said:
Safedisc 2.8x cds can be successfully copied with any writer that can handle safedisc 2.51 and above. It's just that it can't be done with a Lite-on writer using either clonecd or alcohol.

Either use discdump to make an image of the cd and burn it with a raw burning program that supports cue sheets (fireburner is recommended) or just use discjuggler.

Sorry man, but I have a lite-on burner and using Alcohol 120% with Alcoholer addon I can copy safedisc 2.8 fine. Also I put my read speed to max 4X and think I burnt at 12X maybe 8X.

goodsoul

dont know if this is related but both my (1942 and vietnam)battlefield back ups have stopped working in the last couple of weeks !
is this related?im having to use originals which im not a fan of on due to wear and tear.any suggestions?