scratched audio cd

Hi I have some scratched audio cd
and i would like to copy them without clicks

I need some advises about the best software

i tried eac , cd and easy cd extractor

could you help me give me the best setting and an advise to the best software?

Remove the scratches is the only way easier said than done Brasso may work or use an audio edit proggy (of which I know nothing)

I doubt that much is more powerful than EAC at 1x speed - on a rough CD, most drives turn in far fewer errors at 1x.

The other strength of EAC is it can offer the suspect parts for you to audition, and try declicking on.

dx

Be careful with the Brasso. It uses a rather harsh abrasive and if worked too hard, will do more damage than good. Plastic and/or modern auto polishes (acrylic based) are better... their abrasives are made for plastic.

Just remember to use a soft cloth and do it lightly... ie, not all at once. Also use small circles and push outward to the edge of the disc... like spokes on a bicycle tire.

In the end, if you can see holes in the scratched area when you hold it up to the light... the data is already gone. Error correction proggies are your best recourse other than purchasing the disc again if you want a 100% copy.

dx the secret with brasso is to let it stand so the lighter liquids are at the top (with less of the abrasive) but this really is a last thing to try & many times I've had unreadable media but bung it in a burner & sometimes it reads it so U can make an image to save it >< burners just seem sometimes to read stuff better

dx said:
In the end, if you can see holes in the scratched area when you hold it up to the light... the data is already gone. Error correction proggies are your only recourse ...
not the only, another one is using the pen in an audio editor; :)

dx

The-poacher said:
dx the secret with brasso is to let it stand so the lighter liquids are at the top (with less of the abrasive)...

Oh I know this bud and have used it on occasion with plastics... don't shake the bottle before use OR at least shake it and then let it stand over night. ;)

However, most peeps don't do this right and think they can do it all at once... toasted their disc now is and matters are worse. They are not patient with the Brasso. Plastic polishes are more forgiving. Hence my recommendation to use them first, and my warning to be careful with Brasso. ;)

dx

Duracell said:
not the only, another one is using the pen in an audio editor; :)
But then again it would not be a 100% copy... now would it. ;)

However, not the only... should have said the best. I just corrected my post for that... thanks. ;)