Roxio DVD Builder 6 and Nero aren't working

kctexan

Hello, all. This is my first post. I have a 1.8Ghz, 512Mb RAM, 2-mega hard drive PC. Bought a Plextor 708-A DVD drive, which included the "lite" version of Roxio DVD Builder 6.1. That has some easy-to-use DVD building features like the "cut from here back" and "from here on" scene cutting, but not so friendly instructions on adding menus to each scene. The worst problem is that it would not burn a DVD-R disc that my Panasonic PV-D4733S would play! Tried various MPEGs, various lengths (well below 4.33 Gb, which I read was all that actually could be added..don't quote me..); finally gave up. (Also read about the bad problems being had with 6.2 version.) Removed Roxio program and added Nero 6 Ultra edition demo (after having to download MS DirectX, which it required). Nero keeps terminating, right in the middle of trying to edit and put together my DVD, and when burning it! I kind of learned to avoid a lot of crashing, during editing, by saving often, but if it crashes during burning (!), then there's no hope. (Also did NOT like Nero's method of cutting the first or end of a scene; Roxio's was MUCH easier.) Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can get either of these programs to work on my PC, or is there another program (like DVD-Lab) that might be better for it? Thanks for your help and suggestions.
Sign me... Overwrought in Olathe...
Russell Farley
The KC Texan