Ripping VOB files.

Hi Chickenman!I use dvd deccryptor to rip my VOB files.I notice a problem now,using XP.I am getting crc errors with dvd's that previously ripped fine.I am using dvd decryptor 3.07.Any ideas or solutions?Aspi is updated BTW.

Two simple solutions, and not necessarily in this order (but you could try both) :-

1. Turn off DMA for your DVD-rom, just use PIO.

2. Use a better ripper, such as SmartRipper 2.36

If you have a VIA chipset M/B, have you upped its All in one drivers to the new XP compliant one (cant remember its number, but just released).

Cheers,

Thanks guys,Chickenman:I will try Smartripper again.I used it before.I tried the DMA thing already,no luck...No via drivers either.Sounds like I'll go with Smartripper,thanks bud!

Pokopiko:very interesting that you are getting crc errors also.Could be a flaw in XP like you mentioned.

Chickenman,just an update.Smartripper worked.When I encountered the errors I just clicked retry.It extracted all the vob files error-free.Thanks again.;)

Good news Woody, I wouldnt use anything other than Smartripper as it leaves all the other rippers for dead in every respect. When I was trialling WinXp on my system, I had no probs with Smartripper to rip my VOBs. Gone back to W2K until there are new drivers for my video card that fully work.