Ripping Stills From VOBs

Hi,

I'm trying to recreate an entire PAL DVD in NTSC. I have ripped all of the chapters and mapped out the disc flow. Now I want to rebuild the menus. I know which VOBs contain which still menus and have ripped the PGCs. Does anyone know of some software that will allow me to rip the still pix from the VOBs so that I can resize them (for NTSC) and re-use them in my new menus?

There is no motion, nor audio, in these PGCs... just the still frames. I've tried every prog I know of and none of them seem to rip the pic.

The easyiest way I find is to actually play the DVD on the PC with WinDVD and then hit the Camera button at each Menu/picture you want to capture. Works everytime for me. Then just edit in Paint Shop Pro or Photoshop or whatever you use for graphic editting.

I understand PowerDVD has a similar button also.

If you have a still menu but has an audio background playing, you can rip the audio out (menus normally in the VTS_0x_0.vob file) using DVD2AVI. Just mark out the start and end, set Audio to Demux, then Save Project. You get no picture but you get the audio track. When you author in Maestro, just set to Loop and it plays continuous until someone makes a menu selection.

player_200

To rip menu stills I use MenuEdit or it's sucessor DVRReMake. With both you can preview the stills, save them a pics (BMPs) and even save the menu buttons as .mbl files (menu button layout).

The demo of DVDReMake allows you to view the menu stills and button layout and to save them...just can't save re-authored dvd...so you could use this freely for your needs without purchasing the full program. On the other hand, I found MenuEdit demo doesn't allow you to view menu pic (only butons).

...plays :cool: