Removing chapters

Hi guys,

Im having probs fitting a DVD rip to a DVD-R, after all the un-required audio/menu's are removed the total size is very slightly over the data limit. I wanted to cut the end titles from the movie but im having problems doing it.

I tried ripping the film with smart ripper and used the Movie option and just selecting the chapters i wanted, then i used Ifoedit to get rid of the audio/menu's. After everything was done i recordered the disk with nero and put all the files in VIDEO_TS, now it all plays ok on the PC and the end titles are removed but it wont play in a stand alone player.. It knows its a DVD and tries to play chapter one, sits there for a bit then stops.

Can anyone tell me where im going wrong here ?

E

elpresidente

welcome to the forum ...

I think u should go through the DVD9toDVDr Tutorial ... maybe it helps...

greetz

E

elpresidente

btw.

if your movie only slightly exceeds your volume capacity... use VoBsplitter and just cut the end off the last vobfile ...cause nobody is interested in viewing the actors list aso. for ten minutes ;)

greetz

:D Thanks for the help guys, I used vobslitter as suggested to cut the end of the titles off and I when thru as many tut's as possible to trace what i was doing wrong.

I may as well share what it was so anyone else who makes the same mistake will know why! I was running "Get VTS Secotors" on the original VTS_**_**.IFO from the dvd rip and not the newly created one that was made after I had ripped the unwanted audio/menus. Simply silly mistake I know but easily done :p

All sorted now, works fine in my stand alone!

Last edited: