Region Change thru Device Manager

Default10

I have just purchsed a Pioneer DVR-107D and I am very new to buring DVDs, ie, I haven't burnt one yet.

I went into device manager and selected the properties for the DVD burner and there is a DVD Region Tab. It was set to REgion 2 and I wanted it set to Region 4, so I changed it to Region 4.

What concerns me is the warning that you can only change the region code 4 times and then the Region can never be changed again. I now have 3 changes left.

Can anyone please tell me what the significance of all this is and if there is a way of removing the number of region changes so it can be changes as many times as I like.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

the limited number of changes is to prevent you from being able to watch movies from multiple regions as much as you wanted. you can look for a hacked firmware at the firmware page, which will make the drive region-free.

however, be aware that with the drive region-free, your computer's dvd playing software will now ask you to set a region (along with a limited number of changes), in which case you'll need to use a program like DVD Region Free or AnyDVD, which will trick programs into thinking that the dvd you're playing is region-free.