RecordnowMax

Hi All.

OK, having just purchased a 105, i am having problems getting backed up DVD movies to play, i ripped the movie with DVDdecrypter, ran DVD2one, loaded the VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS folders into Recordnow v 4.50 as data, burnt and verified the folders but my Liteon PC DVD player will not play the DVD, it just does not recognise a disk in the drive, i get please insert a disk message, put the DVD in my 105 and this brings up an error message:
This file does not have a programme assosiated with it for performing this action, create an assosiation in the folder options control panel, if i cancel the error message i can right click my drive and play the file with PowerDVD, WinDvd will not play the DVD, the 105 has a volume label 030316_1818 it does not say DVD with the disk in the drive.

What am i doing wrong?

B

burner61

Sometimes I had the some probs with record max and the pioneer 105 .

I am using nero for this job and had no probs till today.

Okay i know that a lot people will tell me now that Nero is buggy and not recomended. ;)

Hi burner61, thanks for the quick reply, I`ll give Nero a try, I purchased Recordnow for this specific job though, Damm!

Cheers.

What media are you using?
Picking the right ones for an A-05 can be a major headache.
The disk label is the burning date/time (16th of March, 2003- time 6:18 PM) which comes as default in RNM. You can insert your custom disk label at the box up and left of your compilation panel.

Last edited:
Ritek will possibly work, although their quality is certainly poor- no idea about Choice. Can you find Prodisk blanks? They come stamped as various brands (Intenso, Silver Circle, Philips...) and at least the 2X are verified working fine with the Pioneer.
Best -R and +R media are currently offered by Verbatim, although they are expensive.

Just stay away from intenso as they have a terrible compatabilty to standalone players.
The trax should work just fine, at least for me they have worked on many standalone playes so far.

B

burner61

1E i can´t agree this time. The latest Intensos/prodiscG02 are doing fine with the pioneer 105 and they don´t have probs with standalones.
And as scarecrow said they are certified for 2x writing with the pioneer

Laz

burner61 said:
..............And as scarecrow said they are certified for 2x writing with the pioneer
A 2X disc that is actually certified by Pioneer?

That is a miracle in itself it seems! :D

1E, your Toshi may suck but at least it digests media much better than the A-05... personally I have seen my 24X Plexwriter spitting Ritek and SKC media (it could not even recognize the latter) which burned flawlessly on a Lite-On 24X... and so on. You must always combine media AND device to give a verdict, especially if the media are not the definition of junk, quality wise (e.g. Vivastar).

Media is a problem with most DVD burners I reckon I have a 105 & have been using some cheap datasafe bluetops fine in mine but someone else I know with a 105 cant get the burner to even recognise them so its trial & error I reckon.

tommyis3 said:
Hi All.

OK, having just purchased a 105, i am having problems getting backed up DVD movies to play, i ripped the movie with DVDdecrypter, ran DVD2one, loaded the VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS folders into Recordnow v 4.50 as data, burnt and verified the folders but my Liteon PC DVD player will not play the DVD, it just does not recognise a disk in the drive, i get please insert a disk message, put the DVD in my 105 and this brings up an error message:
This file does not have a programme assosiated with it for performing this action, create an assosiation in the folder options control panel, if i cancel the error message i can right click my drive and play the file with PowerDVD, WinDvd will not play the DVD, the 105 has a volume label 030316_1818 it does not say DVD with the disk in the drive.

What am i doing wrong?
Make sure you have in RNM's Tools/Options/Data Disk the option at the bottom ticked, thats "Recognise the VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS folders per the DVD Specification". Else all you will have is a data disk and not a Video DVD.

I personally use Nero, now version 5.5.10.15a and its running flawlessly for writing out DVD's. No idea if any of its other funtions work though.

I also have the 105/A05. Prodisk media is only supported with Firmware 1.21 so you will need to updrade if you have the original 1.00. I have used media from Princo, CMC, Prodisk, Avistar (?) and TDK. I'm yet to find any media that I cannot use but I only use the cheaper 1x 90% of the time.

Hi Chickenman.

Thanks for the reply, ye these options are selected, i`ll give version 5.5.10.15a of Nero a try see it that sorts the problem.

Cheers.