RecordNow MAX problem

I recently switched to RecordNow Max because I was sick to death with Nero Bugware.

I decided it was time to upgrade my CDRW to a burner that did justice to a decent piece of S/W and bought a shiney new LiteOn 48125W (actually I bought it because it was going for £20.00 from a bloke in the pub) :)

FFS, RecordNow only supports upto the 40125S!

Does anyone know if it's possible to "fool" RecordNow that my drive is the model it supports or to manually add my burner to its driver recognition table rather than wait for a new patch?

TIA

Oldy

@Poko - thx, I'll monitor the update site closely.

@Joripe - couldn't believe my luck :)

This bloke had bought the CDRW and then discovered his PC was full SCSI and simply wanted to recover some of his costs. Guess he was too lazy to suffer the drive back to the shop he bought it from. It's still boxed complete with guarantee and HIS credit card receipt :D

Oldy

try
Driver v1.1.342 Drives Supported by RecordNow Max etc.

/ftp://eval.veritas.com/downloads/pro/exe/PxEngineUpdate342.exe

Self Serve Update for Recording Products

The Px Engine update provides product updates, fixes, and new CD and DVD recorder support. Use this download to update these products.

* RecordNow, RecordNow DX, & RecordNow Max
* MyCD & MyCD Pro
* PrimoCD & PrimoCD Plus, PrimoCD Pro8, PrimoCD Pro16, PrimoCD Pro64 & PrimoDVD
* Click'N Burn Plus & Click'N Burn Pro
* SonicBurn, CD Extreme, Spressa Play & Record
Release date: August 01, 2002
Version: 1.1.342

Requirements: Application that supports the Px Engine (i.e. RecordNow Max)
Windows 95/98/ME/NT/2000/XP

Last edited:
Thx Jackjyl but tihs update still does'nt include the drivers for my burner.

I'll wait for the new update which should be out soon, hopefully....

Oldy

roadworker said:
If the Prassi update stays away for a while,you can temporary downgrade your burner with MTKFLASH and .bin firmware for the 40X.....and upgrade again to 48X when the px engine upgrade is released.....this way,you can start using your burner......;)
Hi roadworker

Is the MTKFLASH a dos flash utility?

If so where I can get it?

I'm new in LiteON ( I've installed today a LTR-32123S) and I am afraid to use the the Windows flash utility + the last F/W upgrade that I've d/l from LiteON site. I can't find any Dos flash in that site.

And where I can get the .bin firmware alone to flash in Dos mode ?

TIA

@ Roady, thx for the firmware info.

I thought about doing this "downgrade" but decided to wait for the updated hardware release and struggle on by with Nero until it arrives. I don't particually like changing firmware - too easy to go pear shaped.

Oldy

@Netlion,yes it is a dos utility.It should be at Cdrinfo main site.I think It's under firmware or overclocking.Haven't been there in a while!;)