Recording External Audio

Im currently using Total Recorder pro for recording some old vinyl records,
Is there any other software as good as total recorder for this ?

Im using the line-in for recording but the quality is just not how i thought it would be ! (Am recording to Ogg.vorbis max bitrate)

Last edited:
I personally use cool edit pro to record my vinyl from the line in. I use the maximum sample and bit rate that my sound card can handle. Do any processing I need to such as click removal. Then normalize. Then convert to 16bit 44khz. Then compress to your desired mode (i.e. MP3 or OGG, etc.). There are so many ways to skin this cat that it is impossible to describe them all here. My main point is the process is only as good as the weakest link. How good are your turntable and preamp? Is your soundcard one of the cheap integrated ones? Always record your quality wav. file first then compress it. Do you have a decent wave editing program such as cool edit pro?
Just a few tips. I developed my strategies after much tinkering and the process continues to evolve to improve quality.

I simply use total recorder because its drivers for recording are better than the crappy creative ones, I Mainly use Wavelab/Samplitude to tweak my tunes.
There is another Recorder with slightly better drivers than Total recorder but i cant remember the name of it, I was hoping someone would refresh my memory !!!!
Maybe I will get a decent sound card one day.... But not Yet !! lol

Last edited:
I don't know you could record old LP's.

Is there a really good site which has a step by step guide on how to do this but recording Tapes not LP's.

Cheers