recommendation

hi
i need your advise, i got 250 Euros and i need a graphics card for about 100 € and a hd for about 150 €
the graphics card doesn't need to be tha fastest, but it need to be a good one.
the drive should be at least 80 GB and not too loud and 7200 Rpm or more
what products would you buy exactly ?
FortiTude

p.s: please tell me the shop (url with h**p) and the exact price

Last edited:
would go for a Maxtor 80Gig 7200rpm D740X/D540X type HDD (that's in that price range).
Graphics card I would wait. Both Nvidia & ATI are releasing their new graphics chipset july 15th & 17th. This should drive prices down on their older graphics cards.
At the moment (what is in the 100€ pricerange) your options would be:
Leadtek GF2 GTS DDR 32mb
Leadtek GF4 MX420 64mb tv
Pmagic RadeonVE 64ddr dual/ tv
Sparkle GF4 MX440 64ddr tv-out
Inno3D GF2 Titanium VX 64ddr

& a few others.
Don't have a website or place exactly for your area, but those are mostly the ones in that pricerange. However, as I mentioned before, in a couple of weeks you should be able to get some better ones as their prices get lowered.

Good luck

this maxtor disk is what i found too, i think i'll get the Maxtor 6L080L4 80GB 7200 Rpm 8ms with Fluid-Dynamic-Bearing
and for the graphic card what is your opinion about the hercules prophet3d 4500 TV (64 MB) with the kyroII ?
FortiTude

ps: i never heard about inno3d so i don't want to buy sth from a very small company with a bad support.. anyone has experiences with this company ?
perhaps the leadtek GF2
i don't want these faked gf4 mx440/460 that don't have more features than an ordinary gf2. only some shitty marketing :(

Last edited:
dont' really like Kyro chipsets, but I hear the card is OK. Not quite as fast as the GF 2 GTS cards above though, buy I would probably wait a couple of weeks for them (as prices will drop).
You might be able to even get a GF 3 Ti 200 card in that pricerange if you're lucky.

PS
yes inno3D is not my fav choice of cards either. Though many here in asia buy them ('cause they are cheap). Visiontek would be better but leadtek are solid.

if I knew of places where you are I would suggest better cards maybe.
Good online shops:
h``p//www.newegg.com
&
h``p//www.pricegrabber.com

but don't know if they deliver to your area.

anyone has experiences with sparkle cards?
i could get a sparkle SP7000T2 geforce3 Ti200 with 64 MB DDRAM for 129 euros. what do you think ?
FortiTude