Rebuilder Size Problem

Scooterpig

Have ripped a disc via Decryptor nps with its size being 5.49 gig being the whole disc.

I have then encoded it via Rebuilder nps with final size of Viedo TS folder being 4.39 gig.

All fine so far until I go to burn the files and I get error msg via Nero telling me that the file size is too big for the disc I have inserted!

Yes I have tried other blank discs and still the same problem.

Yes I redid it all again via Rebuilder and same file size and same size error problem.

What has happened during Rebuilder that Nero doesn't like the size of?

Thank you.

A DVDR holds 4.37gb, the encode size of 4.39gb simply wont fit to a DVDR. The use of the "One Pass VBR (W/ analysis)" options can speed things up but its prediction of final size is not perfect. Most of the time it get it right but sometimes just a bit oversized, sometimes way undersized. The aim is to get it at 4.30bg.

Two solutions, first is to just use Shrink to compress it to fit. Second is to read the Settings options thread at the RB forum, and set it a bit lower :

All optional settings MUST be placed in the '[Options]' section of the .ini file, otherwise they will be ignored. Any settings changed here will not be activated until the next time you run DVD-RB.

* Target Output Size

TargetSectors= nnnn
CCETargetSectors=nnnn
ReJigTargetSectors=nnnn
QuEncTargetSectors=nnnn

Use Sectors, 1 sector = 2Kb.
Example: CCETargetSectors=2236400

As a reference the default for DVD-RB is 2236400 sectors and the maximum for a DVD-5 is 2297888. You should always leave a some room for error.

TargetSectors will be the default for all methods. Other, mode specific, target sector settings will override it when using that mode.

Scooterpig

OK sounds good and understand what ya saying and I probably shoulda added more sorry - but this is only happening with this disc and no others.

I have done it no worries before and after doing this 1 particular disc and yet I am still getting the bigger file size..:(

Had a look at the .ini file and nothing there similar to above so may just have to add it...get back to ya on that, thank you CM..:)

Yep, you have to add that line in, its not normally there. Once your compressed this problem DVD, then dont forget to remove the line for next time.