Rarred Files

A friend has recently downloaded a multipart svcd file. I think that there are about 30 parts all in Rar format. His problem is that the last part is missing or corrupt so Winrar will not produce the required single output svcd file. Is there any way at all to get round this problem and salvage whatever data that he can from the good parts?

Not unless you have got some par files with the files you downloaded you cant do much about it.If you tell us what you downloaded some one here might have some par files for it.

Thanks for the replies.
So am I correct in assuming then that lets say the first 30 files out of a total of 31 are useless without the Pars or final part. Sounds unfair as they are not part of a program but one large sequential file with the end missing.

If he D/l'ed from a source thats always available , then he can go back a try re-d/l ing the part that was missing or corrupt. It should have told him when the error happened which part was missing/corrupt.

Winrar makes a temp file somewhere (cant remember where), just copy that elswhere and rename to mpg. Thats worked for me once or twice.

Do a search by time/date and then look for a recent file of the appropriate size. Also, make sure you DON'T exit out of winrar or whatever you are using. It may be automatically deleting the temp file upon exit.