Ram question

Hey i have 128 pc100 ram and am wanting to put some more in there and was wondering if 256 of 133 ram would work with the pc100?

thanks

p.s if any more info is needed please let me know

Michael

imho yes u can ,but then it will depend on ur mobo coz some won't allow 4 it
however,this means that ur pc will use the 100mhz as fsb speed and not 133 mhz which could result in a loss of performance...

Some motherboards are fussy, but PC133 should work down to 100.

The other issue with a 256Mb, is they can be double sided (older technology, presenting as two 128Mb banks) or single sided (fewer, high capacity chips, presenting as a single 256Mb bank).

Older motherboard may have a 128Mb/bank limit, and be unable to use single sided 256Mb modules.

I believed that there should be no problems at all- until recently when I mixed one 128M PC100 stick and one 128M PC133 one on an Abit BX mainboard, and after reboot I was greeted with blue screens...
There's no answer, some bios revisions accept them quite happily, some others don't.

yeah different clock speeds did not cause me any problems for years on a win 98se system but .... as above the 133 reverted to the 100 clock speed as in the old days with edo and sdram mixed it only ran as fast as the slowest ram :(