Rallisport Challenge savegame files?

Rallisport Challenge savegame files? (now found)

Anybody knows where these are located? A quick peek in the game's directory and in the registry didn't show anything.
I want to be able to unistall the game but keep those files so as not to lose my profile,points,cars,challenges completed etc in case i reinstall at a later time. Any help?

EDIT:

Found them. In case anyone ever needs them they're at :
Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Rallisport Challenge

Last edited:
elpresidente said:
I think Collin McRae 3 is better .... @Ridgeback

Sure about that?Rallisport Challenge has the best graphics I've ever seen on race/rally game 'till now.....You made me very curious about Colin McRae 3...:D

Whens CM3 out for PC. I remember all the hype about CM2, I was hugely disappointed. Tell you what though, if you want a good rally game try Mobil 1 Rally Championship 2000, a bit old but way ahead of its time I'm onto my third or 4th mahine since I bought it , and uptil now I haven't been able to do it justice(getting decent framerates when it first came out was almost impossible for nearly a year), every time I upgraded hardware it got better and better. Its only the British Isles mind, but the roads go on forever, I seem to recall there's about 40 stages, and 20 minutes per stage is average, and the longest is the mighty Pundershaw(staged in Keilder Forest in Northern England), it was the longest stage in the British Rally 28 miles and it takes about 25 minutes to complete, squeezing a joypad for that long is an absolute killer, i tell you. Incidentally it was made based on Ordnance Survey maps which incase you don't know is the organisation which surveys and maps every bump. nook and cranny on the British Isles.

I can't sing the praises of this game enough, Its easily as good as TOCA 2 which is as we all know the best racer ever on the PC, the second best on the PSX and only beaten by TOCA World Touring cars(which sadly never got a PC release).

I'm almost wetting my pants in anticipation of TOCA Race Driver. I hope it lives up to its predecessors. Has anybody tried the PS2 version, is it any good.

Forgive my droning on but my love of Toca 2 and Mobil 1 is infinite. If you've never tried either you don't know what your missing.

Last edited:
Its easily as good as TOCA 2 which is as we all know the best racer ever on the PC, the second best on the PSX and only beaten by TOCA World Touring cars(which sadly never got a PC release
Toca series were great on psx.....I'm not shure,but I think it was the 1st one to add viewable damage on their cars.......
However,I loved the graphics of Gran Turismo 1&2 much more,and the feel of the cars was more natural.....but the minus:no damaged cars when hitting something...:D

Re: Rallisport Challenge savegame files? (now found)

Zoltan said:
Found them. In case anyone ever needs them they're at :
Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Microsoft\Rallisport Challenge
Thanks will come in handy for my son, still knowing him he knows already..:D

Gran Turismo was good at first but once you got the Impreza WRC or the Cerbera LM it became too easy and repetetive, no challenge at all. Don't get me wrong the cars felt right, but it was too easy. Saying that my brother liked it so much he went out and bought an Impreza WRX sti type RA,(what a tw*t).
Gran Turismo 2 was more of the same(same tracks with a few extra and flashier graphics), not to mention rushed. The cars never felt really stuck to the road (sort of slippery) and you couldn't alter the brake balance controller or the braking strength(which in a fully fledged racecar is preposterous) "what, no brake contollers", and once you had the right car it was yet again too easy. I finished the GT disc and tried the arcade acouple of times but that was even duller.

No for a real challenge i'll stick to TOCA. Those of you who need a less demanding racing game stick to your Gran Turismo

Well, its a matter of taste really if you like the game. It is a lot like CM in that it requires carefull driving ( and actually rewards it with championship points and faster lap times) but it features no damage and in that respect it reminds me of the Ridge Racer games. The courses themselves are good (especially the hillclimb ones), the car selection is good also with a lot of unlockable extras and the few cars I tried (matter of preference) seemed to handle differently despite their somewhat similar stats. The one problem I had was that I found out the hard way the game is not kidding about its minimum requirements. With a cpu barely above the minimum (800 vs 733) the game began to drop frames quite noticeably after the first four challenges. All in all I liked it. It brings a console style of play to the PC, something which I was missing.

Zoltan I gather its Rallisport your talking about. I think I'll give it a miss. As I said earlier if you haven't tried it, give Mobil 1 Rally Championship a go, as well as the tracks I mentioned earlier it has damage push your car too hard and you'll break it, you get damage to the diff,steering, bodywork,electrics, lights, engine, cooling, turbo, tyres, suspension, gearbox etc and if you can't repair it enough during maintence breaks it won't let you continue. The pundershaw stage I mentioned earlier once I was playing and my suspension was so paggered, my wheel fell off about 2 miles from the finish and I limped home with three wheels you also regularly lose the use of first gear if you push too hard.