Question: Editing Init Strings for 56k Modems + Speed Tweak Candidate

I read of an Init String tweak on another site. I'm using a USR Courier V.Everything external modem, and I already have a longish Init String code I found on another site years ago that is supposedly optimised for this modem. The new init string is short, and I wondered if I could append it to the end of the string I'm using.

Here's the new tweak (I could not say if it really works). I know where to imput Init Strings, but it's possible other readers might not:

"You can't assume that just because you connected at a speed like 48.3KBps that you will stay there. Today's modems automatically fall back to a lower speed if the line noise is too high to maintain a faster connection, but sometimes they fall back too soon or too far.

Here's how to do it:

Click Start the button.
Select Settings.
Click Control Panel.
Double-click on the Modems icon.
Select your modem.
Click the Properties button.
Click the Connections tab.
Click the Advanced button.
In the "Extra settings" field, type S36=7
Click OK to save your settings"

I've had a look at this site, which lists a veritable gob of init strings for older modems:
http://www.d.umn.edu/~consult/modems/modems.html

It seems that additional code might be entered after the primary init string with a space separating them. I've tried this, and at least my modem has successfully dialed. If anyone could verify that this is correct, I'd be grateful.