pulling the plug

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday I started a thread because I was haveing video problems when I tried to install Win XP. Before I knew it I was being questioned on the vaidity of my PID for XP, When explained I thought it was a Vaild PID but did not know for sure, some un-named admin assumed that my prob was indeed a invalid PID causeing the prob. and then closed the thread on grounds that "we can't break the rulez" and disscuse serial #'s and PIDS and the sutch.(witch I agree with)
But before anyone else had a chance to reply I was preceived to be guilty of posseing a invaild pid and the thread closed.
Now are we guilty until proven innocent?

I just think that a person should get a fair shake and not be judged to quickly.

BTW: I think you guys are doing a great job running this forum, it's that some threads need to be taken a bit more tenderly and see where they go. If theres a rulz prob. or repeat offenders KILL them but give the rest of us a chance to learn from the wealth of knowledge out there. Lord knows I need it.

PS. DK & Scarecrow IT WAS A VIDEO DRIVER PROB> NOT PID :p

If a thread APPEARS to be discussing illegal matters etc a moderator/admin will make a decision & if needed remove it/close it or if its OK let it run.We cannot get it right every time but if U think U have been harshly dealt with PM the Mod/admin concerned!!

The following statement was grounds for closing the thread. ;)

"What do you mean Scarecrow?
I have used this xp copy to install xp on this machine many times with no prob any other time.
Is the PID I'm using banned now, giving this result?
The PID is legit I think as i did'nt buy the copy but my cosin did (maybe he gives me bogus PID) or got copy of a Original XP then gave me copy."

This means you didn't purchase your copy of XP,in fact you don't know if it's legit or not yourself.You also state it's a copy.

We have to be extra careful with Microsoft material because they visited this site when it did contain warez.In fact a letter was sent to N.B. from Microsoft lawyers.

The real problem is NOT your PID, it is the activator version you are using!
Some activators work, some doesn't- don't expect me to pass more info here- I will respect the forum rules.
If you were using a legit XP version you could activate it online EVEN if your buddy did that before you!
I think you have to push such questions at another forum- certainly not on this one, though.

well guys I surely don't want to start a argument here, because I DO agree with your rules.

however U don't know if we're partners with multiple (legal) licenses running xp on several machines now do you.

Yes it is true that I did'nt know if the PID was banned or if it was my pc or the cd
@ the time of my first post. BUT after a phone call to cuz all is fixed DRIVER prob. not pid or activator.

Woody: I Will respect the rules, I'm not asking you to help me steal.
BTW scarecrow I never even got to the online reg. video has to work first dose'nt it.

BTW this thead was started because I like to try to fix my own probs. first. That's when I come to you guys(help). Then if all fails I goto IT man, my cuz. and be embarresed that I did something he told me not to do. THANKS GUYS.

anyway I DO understand the probs that N.B. faces too by letting a free-for-all forum exist.

Thanks again for the help.

enough said: close this one
Crater

Yep..NP.We are not trying to be heavy handed.We just need to be careful for reasons stated above. ;)

We need to keep the forum open so all can enjoy. :)

dx

The-poacher said:
We cannot get it right every time but if U think U have been harshly dealt with PM the Mod/admin concerned!!
Couldn't have said it any better.

Although I did not close that posting... I do support the staff member who did. A little PM explaining the situation would have been better. Posts can be re-opened you know.

A little something for next time. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.