PSX1 in Oz

I have a few uk and us psx1 games.
Will they work on Australian machines?
Just checking before I trade a turkey!
What tv system do you/they use?

I think aus use pal system but as I'm from uk cant be to sure.All the aussies are probably asleep now after a long day on the beer.

Hi,
Im from Australia, and yep, we use the Pal TV system here. So I can't see why your game wouldn't work.
Kalinda

If yer tv has a scart socket on the back buy a PSX scart lead for yer psx a proper one that accepts AV signal transfer and this should solve any country problems of NTSC/PAL as most new TV'S that have SCART can cope with the Hz change! (note you usually use SCART 1 or AV1 as the second one sometimes dosent accept the AV signal in 60hz read the following!)

50hz PAL usually UK and 60hz usa NTSC , NTSC is also standard in a few other countries too !

I think that the SCART is the same standard in most countrys but i think if ya buy a good AV scart lead you should have no problems !? they usually only cost a few ££'s /$$'s :D
hope this helps !!

P.s. Also note if yer gunna get a game from another country it may not work because of the country lockout code protection on the disk if it is you may need to get your psx mod chipped to cope with this fact or buy a psx change disk that you insert before your import disk! i havent seen anywhere in the UK that stocks these !? only mail order or through the internet !:(

Last edited:
PS-X-Change

DaveMl already knows this ;)
but you can get PS-X-Change V2 discs from w*w.svpcommunications.com very cheap. They are mail order but if you live in the area you can also pick your goodies up!!

:D

Us imports On Uk PAL

I've got a chipped 9000 series psx and I just use a RGB converter to play the US games. Not all tvs are compatable though most new ones are.

Another solution here is if yer feeling technically minded then there is the ahem modifying of an image file so thus negating the need for either a scart lead or RGB mod convertor !

Make a AHEM backup copy purely for safety reasons heheh ya need to make either iso or imagefile of yer fave game with CDRWIN/CLONE CD Then get yerself a program like "ZAPPER" or "PAL 4 U" with this you modify the image to convert it to PAL or NTSC as they are universal PAL>NTSC or NTSC>PAL! it scans the image and looks for the areas of code that relate to the vertical /horizontal sync of the code and changes it by patching it when its finished ! :D

Then you re-burn the image onto a cdr!

(Helps here if ya have a mod chip installed or a psx change disk or this is a pointless process!)

Load the game into yer PSX and away ya go! usually this solves a lot of yer PAL/NTSC troubles !!!

Its a bit of a hassle just for the odd game here and there but its another alternative to the scart lead!

:D