ps2 files

Have read a few posts about backing up PS2 iso, img files etc etc, but what i have are the standard set of ps2 files, not img or iso's but the actual files themselves (system, music etc etc). Can i just drag and drop these files into some burning software and create a ps2 disk from that, or do i have to use any special settings. I mainly use nero for backing up stuff.

cheers john

johnna said:
Can i just drag and drop these files into some burning software and create a ps2 disk from that
No.

I recommend that you use CloneCD for backing up CD based games to CD-R, and RecordNow Max for backing up DVD based games to DVD-R

Hope this helps :)

VIPER_1069 said:
you lost me bud !? a psx game usually has an exe and some XA audio files ?! :confused:
if i have a look on a ps2 disk it usually has something like
SYSTEM (speedial)
DATA (DIR)
IRX files and Img files.

i have a directory with similar files, can i just burn these files directly to a disk

john

psx_paul said:
No.

I recommend that you use CloneCD for backing up CD based games to CD-R, and RecordNow Max for backing up DVD based games to DVD-R

Hope this helps :)
sorry psx_paul didnt explain my self properly. I am not trying to make a standard backup from disk to disk, i actually have the system PS2 files on my machine.

Need to know if i can just drag and drop these files into a burner and write as normal.

cheers john

johnna said:
sorry psx_paul didnt explain my self properly. I am not trying to make a standard backup from disk to disk, i actually have the system PS2 files on my machine.

Need to know if i can just drag and drop these files into a burner and write as normal.

cheers john
You need these two programs to do what you want:

CD/DVD-ROM Generator version 1.20

CD/DVD-ROM Generator version 1.20 (71 minute fix)

CD/DVD-ROM Generator is a program used by Sony to build iso images of PS2 games. You may also need a program called ISOBuster to complete your task. It is also very helpful to know the iso directory structure tree from the original game prior to rebuilding the game. Kits to do this to make your legally owned back up can be found on the www

I recommend you find an FAQ on how to use these programs on one of the many PS2 backup sites on the www It is not quite as simple as "drag and drop."

Certainly, just copying your original PS2 with something like CloneCD or RecordNowMax (for DVDs) is the way to go.