PS2 DVD-R Media

I'm In Australia, dvd-r over here cost anywhere from $3.50 to $8.00au. That's aprox $1.75 to $4.00us and don't ask me pounds about 1/3 of the Aussie dollar.
What I want to know is what is good media for PS2 that won't cost me the earth. I've had a look at the CD-R Media.co.uk site that is linked off psx_paul's web site and there looks to be some reasonably priced dvd-r's there but I dont know 90% of the brands. I'd be looking around the $1.00 pound mark or less. Don't forget I have to pay postage. If anyone has any suggestions or examples of what they use. I currently use Shintaro 1x for most games and Tayo Uden 2x for constant read games such as GTA III and Vice City.

BG1

Hmmm.... Not quite sure about availability in Aussie.....

BUT.... Traxdata or Ritek are superb......

Tried and tested by myself on v5 & v6 PAL consoles

Datasafe Yellow Top Branded Gen 3 Classic @ 59p per disc.

From BigPockets or SVP

Thanks BG1 and psx_paul, I have ordered a spindal of Rietek to check them out. I got them for $1us including postage. Psx_paul have you tried the Datasafe Yellow Top with GTA Vive city or GTA III. I'd be interested to know if they work 100% as I had to use different media for those two. Thanks again.

You can get the DataKing 1x (made by Princo) or Melody 1x in Melbourne for $2.00 each. 2x are 50c more. PM me and I'll give you the guys phone number as he can send interstate cheaply.

BG1

Boondi said:
Psx_paul have you tried the Datasafe Yellow Top with GTA Vive city or GTA III. I'd be interested to know if they work 100% as I had to use different media for those two. Thanks again.
I haven't tried the datasafe BUT I have used the Riteks on both of those games and they work 100% without any problems.... :)