Promams using spyware..

Laz

Thanks for list LM, it's scary to think that there are "738" known progs to contain spyware though. :eek:

Thx m8 - useful stuff :)

I'm pleased to say that I only have FlashGet out of the entire list - I've seen some of the other appz but would rate them below CD Cremator (eg: next to f*cking useless) ;)

Oldy

prevent spyware from being installed...

SpywareBlaster

////http://www.wilderssecurity.com/spywareblaster.html

SpywareBlaster doesn't scan and clean for spyware - it prevents it from ever being installed.

How? By setting a "kill bit" for the CLSIDs of spyware ActiveX controls, it prevents the installation of any of them from a webpage. You can run Internet Explorer with Active-X enabled, but you will never even get a "Yes/No" box popped up, asking you to install a spyware Active-X control (Internet Explorer will never download or run it!). All other Active-X controls or plug-ins will work fine.

The SpywareBlaster database contains information on these known spyware Active-X controls. Make sure you run the Check For Updates feature frequently to get the latest database! (And make sure you check the new items to protect your system against them!)

As a side benefit, setting this "kill bit" will also prevent the spyware Active-X from running, in many cases, if it is already installed on your system.*

thanks LaZorMan, well done.

I'd also add "Windows" all versions, except that'll be like telling grandma to suck eggs. He he he

edit:
ssshhhe's!!!!
i couldn't even get that right, that should read "teaching grandma to such eggs"!