program that works like virtualdub but can save the file as mpeg 1/2

Use virtualdub in combination with Tmpgenc, do whatever you have to your video and when it´s ready instead of saving as *.avi use the frameserver to send the data directly to Tmpgenc this way it´s rendered directly to mpeg 1/2 , don´t forget to install the frameserver first by using auxsetup.exe that is contained in the virtualdub folder.

Well i did the frame server thing and it worked out great. how ever i used dvdlab to compile a dvd with the files like i always do and that was ok but then i got to nero to burn it and it says the dvd might not be playable. So i checked my audio stream and all that to make sure it was compatible and it was considering i transcoded it with dvd lab. After Tmpgenc was done with the movie it spit out an mp2 file. But when ever i use dvd2svcd when converting avi files it gives me a mpv file instead. and that file always works. I set Tmpgenc to dvd and everything. I dunno what the problem is. Is it the settings in Tmpgenc?

I don´t know exactly where is your problem, for my dvds I also use dvdlab, my tv captures are edited in virtualdub and then encoded exactly as you´ve done with tmpegenc but in the settings for encoding I use "ntsc dvd" with pcm audio and for the output file separate streams, some time ago used to encode with mpg audio with a 128kb bitrate this works well in dvdlab but then I found out with a friend´s standalone dvd player that not all models are capable to play mpg compressed audio so now I only use pcm.

Hope this can help you.

Viper_182 said:
i got to nero to burn it and it says the dvd might not be playable. ?
try burning it anyway and playing you will no doubt find it does actually play :D

so long as your player plays everything else it will play this too :)

well viper i did do that from instinct a few days ago and when i play the movie every thing appears to be fine except when you want to skip to the next chapter. the it just goes right back to the begining of the movie no matter how many times you push the skip button. How ever the chapter number changes but the actual chapter does not. I tryed to just start from scracha and converted it all over again and loaded it into dvdlab. Compile is finished now but i haven't tryed to burn it yet. I'll let yall know.