Program Integrity Scan Error

Burn

Hi all. I wonder if someone can help me, I’ve had this problem come up a couple of time, and the only way I have found to fix it, is to restore a ghost image. As you can image, I don’t really want to do that. Anyway, when I do a one button scan using Norton’s systems works 2004; it says it’s found a Program integrity error. Missing file.

“C:\Program Files\Common
Files\InstaalShield\Proffesinal\RunTimes0701Intel32\DotNetInstaller.exe”
Con not access a necessary file, “mscoree.dll.”

When I say fix it, Norton says it’s fixed it. But then I do a rescan and it’s back. :eek: If I run Norton Win Doctor It finds the same problem but this time when I tell it to fix it, it says it can’t. Any one got any ideas how to fix it. :confused: It just kind of appeared. I’m not sure what I could have done to get this, and like I said have had it pop up a couple of times. :mad: I see no connection with what I've done on my computer to it appearing.

If anu one knows what it is, or can help me, I'm all ears. :)

This is what Notan had to say.
[font=ARIAL,MS SANS SERIF,UNIVERS,HELVETICA]Error: "Missing file: 'C:\ . . . \DotNetInstaller.exe' cannot access a necessary file . . ." after running WinDoctor [/font] [font=ARIAL,MS SANS SERIF,UNIVERS,HELVETICA][size=-1]Situation:[/size][/font]
You see the following message after you run a WinDoctor diagnostic scan from within Norton SystemWorks:

Missing file: "C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Professional\RunTime\0700\Intel32\DotNetInstaller.exe" cannot access a necessary file, "mscoree.dll."

[font=ARIAL,MS SANS SERIF,UNIVERS,HELVETICA][size=-1]Solution:[/size][/font]
This message can safely be ignored. InstallShield is not really trying to use the file DotNetInstaller.exe without .NET Framework being installed. The DotNetInstaller.exe file is merely cached in the engine location for future use.

Follow the steps below to ignore the problem reported in WinDoctor.

To prevent Norton WinDoctor from repairing the problem

1. Open Norton WinDoctor.
  2. If the Norton WinDoctor Wizard does not start automatically, then in the main Norton WinDoctor window, click Scan.
  3. In the Norton WinDoctor Wizard window, select "Perform all Norton WinDoctor tests (recommended)."
  4. Click Next.
  5. When WinDoctor has finished checking your system, click Next to examine the results.
  6. Click Finish.
  7. In the main Norton WinDoctor window, click the Problems button.
  8. Under Problems Found, click the problem for the missing file, mscoree.dll.
  9. Right-click the problem for the missing file, then click Problem Details.
  10. Under Details, right-click the entry you want ignored, then click "Ignore Selected Problem."
  11. Click Repair All > Yes to continue.
  12. Exit Norton WinDoctor.
Each time you run Norton WinDoctor, this problem is ignored.
[font=ARIAL,MS SANS SERIF,UNIVERS,HELVETICA][size=-1]Technical Information:[/size][/font]
InstallShield installs DotNetInstaller.exe as part of its engine files, which is a .NET application that is used when a setup is installing .NET assemblies. DotNetInstaller.exe will not work on systems that do not have the .NET Framework, but the file is cached with the InstallShield engine files just in case it is needed in the future when the .NET Framework is installed. WinDoctor recognizes DotNetInstaller.exe as a .NET application that depends on the .NET Framework and reports its findings. WinDoctor's findings are technically correct, but InstallShield always checks for the Framework before trying to use it.

[font=ARIAL,MS SANS SERIF,UNIVERS,HELVETICA][size=-1]Translations of this Document:[/size][/font]
Given the time needed to translate documents into other languages, the translated versions of this document may vary in content if the English document was updated with new information during the translation process. The English document always contains the most up-to-date information.
http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/nsw.nsf/4aeb761fd6b411e785256aa300533025/2aa111f060a2c1e788256c7c006f68ad?OpenDocument