Problems with Plextor & Burn@Once & ASPI 4.60

Hi...

I'm having a bit of trouble installing ASPI32 4.60 in order to use proDVD (which requires ASPI) with Burn@Once...
I really don't know what's wrong... Before I purchased my Plextor DVD-ROM PX-116A and Plextor DVD+-RW PX-708A, I could install ASPI 4.60 and it worked perfectly... now, it can't even detect my drives...
Another problem is, when I install PlexTools Professional, every time I start it, it gives me a warning saying it can't detect any drives... altough I'm able to watch/record DVD's on both drives... Hell, I can do the most common things...

Any help?

running wat os ?bao no longer needs aspi layer for nt platforms....try the latest releases ...0.99b is already out ;)

serjer said:
running wat os ?bao no longer needs aspi layer for nt platforms....try the latest releases ...0.99b is already out ;)
CDrecord pro-DVD does need ASPI though...
Go to the /external folder of burnatonce, open a console window and type in "dvdrecord scanbus". then pass the text output here.
What other burning programs do you have installed?

@serjer: I know... Running WinXP SP1A; Using the SPTI interface, everything works fine! i'm already using BAO 0.99b :) Thanks anyway!

@scarecrow

dvdrecord scanbus output:

dvdrecord: No such file or directory. No read access for 'scanbus'.

--------------------------------
This is what appears... just that.

I've installed a lot of many other programs (Nero, Discjuggler, etc...). I know sometimes there are conflits, maybe that's what's causing my problem? I've unistalled all of them (before I posted my problem) and the problem remained; that's why I decided to post my problem here.

Maybe the uinstall process left some files behind?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Have you renamed cdrecordpro-DVD to dvdrecord? :confused: This is what you are supposed to do to use it with BAO... If you have alreaddy done that, it may be a permissions problem- plz try to run BAO as administrator, and if it works pass the problem to jamieo.

Last edited: