problems with burning bin files

:confused: I got a 805mb bin file without the original cue file.so i created the cue file myself with cuecreator.i'm trying to burn this svcd and i've used two methods now.here's my description of both methods.I hope someone out there can find a solution for me.I've already made a couple of cd coasters

First problem
i'm using nero buring rom ultra 6.0.0.19 and i'm trying to burn my bin files.when i'm about to burn it says that the total capacity for burning is 702mb but i only got 701mb on the cd.so i proceed with overburning but now i can't read the disc(not on my comp,not on my dvd player).i checked nero and the setting for overburn is set on 82min which should be more than enough for 1mb.i also got the plextor 12/10/32a cd recorder which i know can do overburning.i even tried converting the bin to an iso file but the blank cd is spit out because it's not big enough before burning.
i want to burn this SVCD onto a 80 min cd.how do i get this to work?aaaarrrrgggghhhh
then i created my cue file using that cuecreator.when i get to the burn compilation of Nero,i checked on the info tab and it says that the size of the track is 702mb.so does that mean i can't avoid overburning.as i said before,my burner can overburn and the overburning setting is 82min but i got a useable disc after the overburn last time so i do want to avoid overburn

Second problem
I tried burning the bin file on cdrwin and after burning it gave me this error
Error:'WRITE' comman failed on device 1:0:0
Illegal command request (04h 00h 02h 05h 24h 00h)
Now the cd is rubbish as i cannot play the movie at all.

Hi :)

I not an expert, but it sounds as if U want the 805mb on a 700mb cdr? if so even with overburning enabled it just wont do it, thats prolly why it dont work on Ur PC & DVD

Only thing i can suggest if U dont want to convert the movie file is to buy a 800mb cdr disc & burn it onto that, U wont even have to use overburning :)

But wait for more advice :)

BaNzI :D

VCD/SVCD use mode 2 form 2 - 2336 available bytes per sector, so it SHOULD be a minimal overburn on an 80 min.

I have a strong feeling that 6.0.0.19 had an overburn bug - no, 6.0.0.15 did, but 6.0.0.19 fixed that, but was very, VERY buggy indeed.

6.3.x.x is a BIG improvement - there is only one reason to still be using 6.0.0.x - and it's not a good one!

Not sure if burnatonce would make a better job of it, perhaps?

The other thing, may be to see if you can mount it using a CD-image tool (eg. Daemon-tools) - you may need to create a cue for it, and I'm not sure if it's a simple 1-track cue, or if it needs to be something better - or open it with something like isobuster, and break out the largest file and then re-author it.

banzibaby said:
Hi :)

I not an expert, but it sounds as if U want the 805mb on a 700mb cdr? if so even with overburning enabled it just wont do it, thats prolly why it dont work on Ur PC & DVD
Quite wrong! If the .bin file is a MODE1/2352 bytes per sector or MODE2/2352 bytes per sector image, which is the norm for bin files downloaded from the net, it will fit to an 700MB CDR and leave 3-4 MB free without applying ANY overburning...
I think I've explained it innumerable times, but anyway, here we go again...
http://users.pandora.be/satcp/realsize01.htm

So does that mean my 805Mb bin file will not fit on a 80 min cd?So that means I definitely have to overburn?
Well,my bin file is described as a SVCD.I checked using ISOBuster and the directory is a MPEG2 with a mpg file.So does that mean it uses mode 2 form 2 - 2336 or MODE2/2352 bytes per sector?
So anyways,how do I burn this 805Mb SVCD bin file onto a 80min CD?

Every example I've seen seems to have TWO tracks, so it may not be possible to satisfactorily burn a cue-less SVCD BIN.

FILE "myfile.bin" BINARY
TRACK 01 MODE2/2352
INDEX 01 00:00:00
TRACK 02 MODE2/2352
INDEX 00 00:06:00
INDEX 01 00:08:00

Might work, but I'd advise loading it into some form of imagedrive, or burning to CD-RW, as that is a guess as to how the default looks.

http://cdmage.orcon.net.nz/frames.html - try CDMAGE, or another CD image tool, and extract the large (.DAT) file if you can - rename to .MPG, and you should be able to play it, or reload it into a SVCD layout.

Indeed ALL videoCD's have TWO tracks. The book specs for them are MODE2/2048 for the first track (data), and MODE2/2336 for the second one (video). Nevertheless most VCD builders make both tracks MODE2/2352 (on VCDeasy you have a choice, but I believe the current default is both tracks as MODE2/2352), because most burning applications are too dumb to burn properly the "politically correct" cue/bin image...

Since you got that movie as svcd it is working 99%.If you wanna watch it,load the image in a deamon tools or alcohol,start mpc-done :).
To have on a disk run your burning proggy and copy cd(from loaded virtual drive) :)

Well,I'm not really getting anywhere with all these feedback on mode 2/2352.I just want to burn my 805Mb SCVD bin file onto a 80min cd.I am using Nero 6.0.0.19 as my burner.
here's a simple question.What is the maximum overburn on a 80min cd?

If both tracks are MODE2/2352 you do NOT have to overburn- they fit perfectly well on 80 min, period... and cuecreator is not to be trusted. Can you post/attach the .cue that this thing created for your SVCD?

I didn't get the cue file and I can't find it anywhere on the Internet.can i still use alcohol?
Does anyone know a place on the internet where they post up cue file for respective bin files?

quote scarecrow
If both tracks are MODE2/2352 you do NOT have to overburn- they fit perfectly well on 80 min, period

how do i find this out?

VIPER_1069 said:
............ YES
Wow hes right. :) You have to open alcohol then under file "Open" (find the file) and then you can mount it or burn it by right clicking on it. Thanks VIPER I just learned something new.:)

You can use Alcohol or DT to mount without a cue (success not 100% guaranteed), or you can use Discjuggler to burn the bin without a cue- success percentage much better than other apps.
How you find out? You can use CDMage, ISOBuster or UltraISO- normally all of them will report the structure of the two tracks properly.

Well I tried Discjuggler and Alcohol. Discjuggler gave me a cd which I could only start watching from 10mins into the movie.Alcohol gave me a dud cd.
So I'm gonna give up on trying to burn this 805mb svcd bin file.I'll just extract the movie from the bin file,watch it and then delete it.

I found this doing a search of the forum for "How To Make a cue file". :)
happy1 said:
If there is no cue file you could write you own CUE file in the following format,

FILE "XXXXXXXX.BIN" BINARY
TRACK 01 MODE1/2352
INDEX 01 00:00:00

Using either notepad or wordpad or any text editior where XXXXXXXX is name of .bin file. and save it as
xxxx.cue