Problem writing CD's

I have a plex 24 and I've changed my mobo about a week ago....No prob in recordings done in Linux but in WinXp I get this message at Nero (v5510) at the Leadin process : SCSI/IDE problem.....I haven't installed an aspi ...Anyone has the same problem with me/?

Did you setup your windows new?
New MB --> new Windows setup! all other solutions will make problems sooner or later;

Greetings from
Duracell

The last nero is a Bullcheat of Copy Protection

The best way to solve your problem is unistall this version and install the last one 5.5.9.17 and if you want the mp4 you just need to copy this to files from your actual nero intalation aac.dll and aacenc32.dll and put them on this folder ..: program files\ahead\shared\audioplugins\
and if you like a good player for mp4 download NeroMix and don't forget to use the mp4 patch
enjoy!!

No warez please...read the rules.

Yes I've made a new clean install with a slipstreamed cd xpsp1.
My plex has the newest bios ...I guess that the stupid XP doesn't work very good with my mobo's nforce2 chip ...I have the newest drivers for the chip.
I don't think that unistalling the newest Nero and installing an older would solve the prob.Anyway thanx for the help!

venim said:
... I guess that the stupid XP doesn't work very good with my mobo's nforce2 chip ... I have the newest drivers for the chip. ...
that would be my next question, but you have answered already;
nforce2 - it seems you are a fan of hardware beta testing; :D

next trys:
Have you disabled the native XP burning engine "IMAPI Service"?

Have you installed other burning software or a soft DVD player (eg PowerDVD) which carry a bad ASPI?
run the ASPI Check , if it says you have installed an ASPI overwrite the current version with ForceASPI's version;

change from DMA mode to PIO or inversely; or/and change the drive location (Master/Slave)

otherwise i have no ideas more :confused:

Duracell

Duracell thanx about the help....I've installed powerDVD 4 XP with all the updates and I've installed aspi4.72a.....I have my plex master & my toshiba dvd slave ...I will try to change it and I will let U know if it works

venim said:
... I've installed powerDVD 4 XP with all the updates and I've installed aspi4.72a ...
this is your problem; kill the shitty 4.72a and install the old best choice 4.60 (1021) via ForceASPI1.7;

Duracell

\\

Ok I've fixed it!It's XP's stupid cooporation......All U have to do is remove the IDE controller that the have found,let them do about 5! restarts and update the driver manually from nvidia's nforce 2.00 driver....It works fine with aspi4.72.Anyway thanks guys!