Problem with "RMADEC.EXE"

If I attempt to run any program within the nero package, there will be some disk activity then nothing.

If I do a "ctrl,alt,del" and shut down a program called "RMADEC.EXE" it will function correctly and I can burn disks etc.

This happens every time I run any nero prog including startsmart.

I am using the latest version and have tried reinstalling several times.
This problem first happened about a week ago, prior to that everything worked fine.

I cannot think of anything I may have installed that could have caused this.

At least I can still use nero, but it is so annoying to have to close down the prog "RMADEC.EXE" before anything will run.

Any ideas?

Steve......

That's the real media audio decoder... if you don't use real media stuff, simply delete the file. Others had your problem in random cases, for no apparent reason- typical Nero magic, I guess.

scarecrow said:
That's the real media audio decoder... if you don't use real media stuff, simply delete the file. Others had your problem in random cases, for no apparent reason- typical Nero magic, I guess.

I don't use real audio and as far as I am aware (I have scanned the regitry) I have no real audio programs on my computer.

This prog (RMADEC.EXE) does not exist until an attempt is made to run ay nero prog, then it appears as a hidden file in the nero directory.

That is the only time I can delete it, and if I do, it will just reappear the next tim I try to run a nero prog.

I am going to have another check of my registry for anything real audio / real media related, but I have already done so a few times and found nothing obvious.

Thanks for the reply! :D

Steve..

scarecrow said:
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Ahead\AudioPlugins\RMADEC.EXE
I guess it's still there, hidden or not...

No, it is never in that folder.

It only appears (as a hidden file) in the "Nero" folder.

If I delete it, and I can only do so when attempting to run any of the nero progs, as that is the only time it exists. It will always return the next time I try to run a nero prog.

This is really weird.

I downloaded a prog called "JV16 powertools" and have done a thorough search of the registry. There were references to "Realmedia" but only for video files as part of Pinnacle Studio 9.

I may uninstall that program today to see if that cures it. With hindsight, it is possible that the problem began after installing studio 9, but I cannot be certain.

Steve..

@GG sorry I've cut you user name down..
Dont use Nero miself but heard reports of a .... Utilities on Nero HP, which by all accounts help to clean up your drive..

Download cleanpack.zip and extract the zipped files onto your hard disk using WinZip or WinRar.
You should now have two files:
Driver-CleanTool.exe and RegistryChecker.exe.
First, run Driver-CleanTool.exe by double-clicking it.
The Driver-CleanTool will deactivate drivers that caused problems in Nero in the past.
Confirm the deactivation of the drivers displayed in order to prevent known driver conflicts from reoccurring in the future.
These drivers also exist, with values, in the registry in Windows NT, 2000 and XP.
In order to ensure that these drivers are also deactivated you will need to run the RegistryChecker file.

Download here Clean pack (registry checker and driver clean tool)
Worth a shot I guess...

Driver clean tool found nothing.

Registry check did find errors and allegedly corrected them, but the problem persists.

I have convinced myself that it is Pinnacle studio 9 at fault, so I am going to buy some extra DVDRW's tomorrow and save all movie filesI have then uninstall studio 9 to see if it ures the problem.

At the end of the day, I can get Nero to run by shutting down "RMADEC.EXE" every time, it is a nuisance and very annoying, but at least it does not stop my burning cd's / dvd's.

Steve..