Problem with new azerous

After updating to newest 2.3.00 i got a big problems,after trying all k9inds of java vesrsions and reinstalling,wanna go back to 2.2 but cant find it..
Somebody have it or know the link for 2.2 please as now my pc is really slow and as soon as azerous is off everything is ok???So if you cann attach it here please..

Thanks!!!

2.3.0.0 will work only with J2SE 5.0 (better known as JRE 1.5.0) and in particular with the latest version ( 1.5.0_Update3).
When you say "you cannot find it" you mean it was retracted from Sourceforge or what?
By the way 2.3.0.X has issues with a couple of antivirus utilities, but it's great overall as well as the only BitTorrent client which can download (from other Azureus clients) even if the tracker is offline!

Last edited:
scarecrow said:
When you say "you cannot find it" you mean it was retracted from Sourceforge
nope its still here with mulitple mirrors :)

as per scarecrow it (2.3) will not run at all without 1.5 jre it loads but nothing will download :(

install 1.5 jre and your off like a rocket :)

i like it because you can be selective on the upload/download speeds for each file :)

sure its still heavy on resources but i have 1gb of ddr so its not really noticable for me :)

thaks guys,totally forget about sourceforge,i went on their homepage and its only2.3 there,will install now with 1.5.03 as last java on java page is version1.5 2-strange only 1.5.3 is on azerous as a torrent
will post a result

A warning: A java update requires uninstalling the previous version first, AND deleting its folder- as sometimes its unable to detect something using a module (i.e. explorer) and leaves rubbish behind.
Banzi has a point, as many Az users had problems with 2.3.0.0 and reverted back to 2.2.X. However, this problem seems to be a combo of specific hardware and 1.5.0_update 3, and not Azurues specific.
At my machine, 1.5.0_update 3 and 2.3.0.1 beta 6 works fine- in fact java update 3 solved a few problems I had with the Azureus webserver...
Regards.

Last edited:
theres been another update Azureus2301-B7

:)

reason this one works better is they have re-enabled the use of 1.4 jre :)

changelog

2005.05.xx | Azureus 2.3.0.1

CHANGE: Core | CPU usage reductions when connected to many idle peers
CHANGE: Core | Disable console view logging by default
CHANGE: Core | Memory usage reductions and optimizations
CHANGE: Core | Improved long-term connection-attempt management
BUGFIX: Core | Re-enable JRE 1.4 series compatibility under Win32 due to NIO bug
BUGFIX: Core | Ignore peers with these data ports config option didn't work the DHT and PEX obtained peers
:)

scarecrow said:
A warning: A java update requires uninstalling the previous version first, AND deleting its folder- as sometimes its unable to detect something using a module (i.e. explorer) and leaves rubbish behind.
Banzi has a point, as many Az users had problems with 2.3.0.0 and reverted back to 2.2.X. However, this problem seems to be a combo of specific hardware and 1.5.0_update 3, and not Azurues specific.
At my machine, 1.5.0_update 3 and 2.3.0.1 beta 6 works fine- in fact java update 3 solved a few problems I had with the Azureus webserver...
Regards.
Thats excatly what i did do scarecrow, i always uninstall the old java & delete folder & install new version, java 1.5.0.03 was on box for a few days before i updated Azureus by installin over the top.

My main prob with 2.3.0.0 was the fact that downloads were slower & the upload speed seemed to vary dramatically (ie before it was constant if set at 15KB/s, now with 2.3.0.0 the upload speed drops right bown to bytes/s & then struggles to even make it anywhere near the set limit.

One thing i did notice was that sun seemed to have removed java 1.5.0.03 as i couldnt find it again on their site.

BaNzI :D