Problem with my WinXP. Need Help !

With the new dialog windows of the SP1 I have disabled the option that make the file "save as" when you click upon. Now all the times I try to download a .zip file my IE open directly the file in a temp dir without open the dialog windows "Where do you wont to save this file....". I dont wont to save the file with the right-click mouse>save file as... all the times. If you know where this options can be turned back, please help me. Thank you ( and sorry for the stupid question ).

Same here

Only happens with Zip files.....
Havent found yet how to avoid this stupid feature.
If any1 knows, let us know :)

Nope

Just had installed Stylexp, nothing to do with that.
It happened immediatly after installing SP1.

And now Style xp won´t work either :)

I really don't remember if Tweak xp was installed on my os, perhaps (but like that other many other was of sure). I do not think the problem is tweak, I think the problem is that this feature is GAY! (like other Microshit stuff):D

i had SP1 installed on my system at 1 point and it never did that to me..... all i can suggest is uninstalling SP1 and the reload it paying closer attention to the options coming up before continuing....still wuddnt go to that extreme tho if a simple system restore would work....i'd rather reinstall the other stuff u installed after SP1 than deleting and re-installing Sp1

hey guy, do not install windows xp sp1, cause it still have bugs in it, just like u guy did, u will be sorry! restore yr com if u did install it, if not in the coming time it will cause sys.ini or sys.reg to bye bye! trust me!:confused:

shadowen
try to go : Start - Control panel - Internet Options - Advanced - and then click on Restore Defaults.

xp-antispy has a checkbox option that disables the built-in zip file integration, if that is what is referred to . . . so it has to be a fairly simple registry change, just don't know where it is.

It is probably even buried somewhere in the Explorer | Tools | Folder Options.

p.s. I thought XP (SP1 or not) activated this stupid feature by default, because I seem to remember turning it off repeated times. But, then, the sky is cloudy today which is "another good reason not to install SP1" !