Problem with installation of a Philips DVD+R+RW&CD-R/RW

Tranjir

Problem with installation of a Philips DVD+R+RW&CD-R/RW (type DVDRW416K/P00)

Recently I formatted my C disk and re-installed the original factory software. The computer is running under a freshly updated Windows XP-SP1 Home system.
The OEM’s system came with a Mitsumi CD/R 40/20/48 burner.
I installed the Philips burner in exactly the same manner as the Mitsumi burner. The software coming with the Philips burner has been installed without apparent problems.
The Philips DVD comes with Nero 5.5 burning software, as well as with Cyberlink Power DVD and Sonic MyDVD software. The Adaptec driver WNASPI32.dll has been installed under Windows\System32.
Also the installation of Nero 6.0 instead of Nero 5.5 was tried.
The Philips DVD player is well recognized by the system; however the Setup analyzer which comes with the Philips package does indicate two errors:

(DfwInt) Error - No WNASPI32.DLL library could be loaded
(DfwInt) Error – DLL Initialization failed

Please can you give me advice how to overcome the problem?

Tranjir

ASPI driver WNASPI32.DLL was installed after the installation of the Philips software. The problem remained the same. :confused:

Tranjir said:
ASPI driver WNASPI32.DLL was installed after the installation of the Philips software. The problem remained the same. :confused:
Wait how did you install that? :confused: Did you use aspi32.exe or did you just drop that DLL into XP? From the error you got I see a problem with your ASPI, it can't be found!!! Try [size=-1]NeroInfoTool and if you have your ASPI driver installed corectly you will see four files under ASPI. It will look something like this:
File Version
WNASPI32.DLL [/size]
[size=-1]4.71[/size]
[size=-1]ASPI32.SYS [/size][size=-1]4.71[/size]
[size=-1]WINASPI.DLL 4.60
WOWPOST.exe 4.60
If it doesn't look like that I would say reinstall your ASPI driver using the link on the first post I did. Otherwise let us know what it does show.
[/size]

Tranjir

aspiinst.exe.

PC-GUY,

Thanks for your reaction.
Yes I did run aspiinst.exe and in Nerotool I get a positive ireport on the ASPI information. It reads:
Both the System ASPI and Nero ASPI are installed and working properly.
This apparently is not the solution to the problem. Any more ideas??
Tranjir

PC-GUY said:
Wait how did you install that? :confused: Did you use aspi32.exe or did you just drop that DLL into XP? From the error you got I see a problem with your ASPI, it can't be found!!! Try [size=-1]NeroInfoTool and if you have your ASPI driver installed corectly you will see four files under ASPI. It will look something like this:
File Version
WNASPI32.DLL [/size]
[size=-1]4.71[/size]
[size=-1]ASPI32.SYS [/size][size=-1]4.71[/size]
[size=-1]WINASPI.DLL 4.60
WOWPOST.exe 4.60
If it doesn't look like that I would say reinstall your ASPI driver using the link on the first post I did. Otherwise let us know what it does show.
[/size]

Tranjir

please don't do double/multiple postings in our forum; one should suffer; ;)
i deleted your doublet;

Greetings from
Duracell