Problem backing up PS2 games with Lite-on 812S

sabje26

After formatting and reinstalling my pc (WinXP), my Lite-on 812S DVD burner doesn't copy my PS2 DVD backups anymore (PS2 CD and movie copies are still doing fine). I used different kinds of DVD's (+ and -), but it still doesn't work.

I burn with Nero 6.3.1.17 (with another version of Nero it's the same problem), and he copies the disc without any errors. But after burning my two PS2 consoles and my computer's drives won't read the DVD's.

Is there anybody who can help me with this problem???

sabje26

I used different kinds of media, like Nashua DVD-R (4 speed) and That's write DVD+R (4 speed). I also burned the DVD's slower (2 or 2,4 speed), but that makes no difference.

The strange thing is that my Lite-on burned fine before my format and reinstall and I only have this problem with my PS2 DVD games, PS2 CD games are working okay.

Sounds like a media issue, PS2 can be picky with media. Try using something more along the lines of Ritek :)

anaconda

i would stay away from +r media unless your playstation is like a new version. I have a version 7 and +r play fine. I would stick to the -media since most players will play that kind. Try ritek.

sabje26

Thanx everybody for your replys. I think it's not a media problem, because when I burn the Nashua's and That's write's in some one else's DVD burner, they're giving no problems in my PS2 consoles.

Before formatting and reinstalling I used the same media with no problems at all. It's a very strange problem.