printer a no go

Please can anyone help me with my printer prob?
In xp-pro when I add new hardware, pick printer etc, it all goes well. Then I get `an error occured during installation of this device` `the RPC server is unavailable`
Any ideas?
(it works ok in 98se)

Try this.....
Save the drivers you downloaded to floppy or CD

Uninstall the drivers from PC (remove the printer aswell)

Switch off

Connect Printer to port switch on and let XP detect "new hardware found"

XP may install it's own drivers,if not it will give you a choice where to pick drivers from.Put in floppy or CD and point xp to there location and install.

If XP installs it own drivers,reboot after and install the updated drivers you have

k next suggestion is fully uninstall (do a registry clean with say jv power tools get rid of everything to do with your printer) if you have any other epson s/ware on (scanner printer monitor etc uninstall that too) then start from scratch & reinstall (printer 1st)

may not work but it did for me when I had probs with my c70 plus

printers seem to be a no go with xp.
iv had probs with cannon multifax.was sound with all other os except xp.
if i did a format as soon as i rebooted it wasnt reconised.then it would use all my cpu in the background.if i tried to print while on web it would disconect.thought it may be something to do with sharing the same thing as aol.
i now have one of these top of the range hp,with everything including compact flash readers ect.this runs of the usb,
still its got problems with xp.been on the hp site & its a known prob with xp.
if it hasnt installed properly 1st time your in the s**t bucket.
it can print from of the computer but wont read my compact flash card anymore.this has to be installed without the printer linked up.
for £300 & they still havnt masted xp or give you a usb cable to link up.then what hope have any of the cheaper jobs got?
dosnt seem to help if i take everything out of the registery either.
hope you get better luck
parrot man:(

nah, i get similar problems with a HP deskjet (USB) printer, i get RPC errors, will not print. Did full re-install, new drivers, old drivers no fix.

I found that if the printer was turned off & a print job was sent then it would print OK as long as the computer haden't been turned on too long. I checked the USB pwr saving is off, all ok.

I found that if you unplugged the USB lead & re-inserted it, it would print OK although usually only for the 1st job.

XP & Printers

Broken back, I have an epson printer usb version. I also have problems with it in as much that it likes to disconnect its self and go off line. This occurs after the pc has been on for a long period. It may be this usb power saving thing cos I aint set it, don't even know where to find it, please help!