Power calibration error

I have a pioneer A04 and am now getting an error everytime that I try to burn a DVD. Nero says that I have a "Power calibration error" and all other burning programs just wont burn either. Does anyone lnow what is going on, and can it be fixed at home, or do I have to send it to pioneer to get them to fix it?

I found that error to result in the quality of the media being used...try a different brand...I use Verbatim and Memerox Brands on my Plextor 504A...I only gotten that error when using a cheap cdr media....but havent experianced it with DVD with what I use....just a suggestion

i had the same power calibration error with my A05 but only when burning CD`s tried all different brands of media still had the same error but it was ok when burning DVD`s, luckily it was still under warranty, sent it back to where i bought it, they confirmed that it was faulty and sent me a replacement.

Hope it is just a media problem like jroc said it could be.

Master

Gold Member
There may be two reasons for it and both were posted in this thread.

1. The media is faulty

2. The drive is faulty

Agree with what Master said had this with my first 105 and it was the cheaper media at first but then my drive completely knackered up and it wouldnt burn any media.

bertieg said:
Agree with what Master said had this with my first 105 and it was the cheaper media at first but then my drive completely knackered up and it wouldnt burn any media.
Am in the process of trying differnent media too see if that is the problem, so far no luck, so could be that the laser has packed it in.