PlexWriter 12x4x32 SCSI

I've asked this before, but now we have our own little Plextor group so-to-speak, so I'll mention this again..

I have burned several things on my Plextor since 99 or 2000 when I bought it.. Lately it just doesn't seem up-to-par with any of today's copy protections.. Should I just go ahead and buy a new burner?

Does anyone have any suggestions that would help me to burn some of today's games? Example: I burned Virtual Vacation: Spring Break (dloaded from NG).. set it to 'Game' in CloneCD4 and installed.. then it wouldn't start..

Tried running it though Daemon-Tools: No problem at all.. I then tried a cd-cd copy (on the fly) from the Daemon-Tools drive, and it failed in the same place.. obviously my Plextor is just not up to par anymore..

I guess now, I just need some suggestions as to what I should buy if needed..

Thanx

spring break F.Y.I is "SECURE ROM (OLD)" use the burn settings in clone profiles found elsewhere here or when you burn tick do not repair sub channel data and close last session nothing else :) i have the 12x 4 scsi plex in other system and a 24/10/40 a in my current system as the 412c or 12x4x scsi can handle sub channel and secure rom (old) with no probs then this should burn ok :)