Plextor PX-760A & PX-760SA

http://www.plextor-europe.com/products/px-760a.asp?choice=PX-760A

Plextor launches 2 new internal DVD-ReWriter drives - the PX-760A and PX-760SA. The Premium PX-760 series are the World's fastest DVD-ReWriters to date and include the ATAPI/IDE PX-760A and the Serial ATA PX-760SA. They are both capable of 18x DVD+/-R and 10x DVD+R DL speeds and come with a comprehensive package of high-end features.

PlexEraser is a data destruction utility that makes a recorded CD-R or DVD disc unreadable. The drive will "re-record" over the Lead-in and data sectors of a write once disc rendering the disc data unusable. Initially this feature will support DVD+/-R and CD-R media. Firmware upgrades will add support for DVD+/-R DL media.

Attachments

Last edited:
jasmin if your going to post info some memebers may find useless can you atleast put it in the right forum.:rolleyes::p:)

PC-GUY said:
jasmin if your going to post info some memebers may find useless can you atleast put it in the right forum.:rolleyes::p:)

LOL, I found my mistake by myself but few seconds after I've posted :confused:

Attachments

Unlike 740/50 this one seems to be a real Plextor (=all the exclusive Plextor drive features included). Not sure if this is good or bad, though.
Also in the retail version you get both a white and black bezel, interchangeable, "for free" (that for Plextor means: for just the double price any other burner costs...) :p

Almighty1 said:
So this one is like the replacement for the 716?
Yes, you can claim that. It's a full-blown Plexy, not a "budget" one- but personally I find hard to justify the price with so many good drives around.

scarecrow said:
Yes, you can claim that. It's a full-blown Plexy, not a "budget" one- but personally I find hard to justify the price with so many good drives around.
Hmm, I guess what I call a full-blown Plextor is a SCSI drive. Is Plextor actually a European company because when I first known them, it was called Textran and then got renamed Plextor.

No, Plextor is a Japanese company, and yes, Plextor got its fame from its older SCSI drives- some of them (Ultraplex 40 TSi, Plexwriter 12/10/32S) are legendary.