Plextor 24x10x40 NOT reliable

It has come to my attention that the Plextor 24x10x40 is NOT copying all protected games like it is claimed. There are 3 different versions apparently, 0000, 0001 and 0101. ONLY the earliest model, 0000 copies everything. It would seem that they have done it AGAIN at Plextor. Feeding their buyers to the fishes to keep a smile on the businessmans face. I bought mine yesterday, copied Train Simulator, seemed to work, ran it - IT DIDNT WORK. Fair enough, I thought. And copied 2 others. NEITHER work. OK I thought Its probably something I did wrong (although I was getting worried) and I went on another forum and there this VERY SUBJECT was getting talked of with the above being mentioned much to the anger of a couple of recent buyers. I can only talk of my own experience, but IT IS NOT POSITIVE. BUY LITE-ON 24x10x40. and save $$$$. Plextor obviously cannot be trusted.

Please disregard ......

.......er whoops. Found the reason for failures. And I'm too bloody embarrased to say why on here - too silly, too silly.......
I'll give another test in the morning. Sheeeeesh.

Right.......it would seem that my Plextor is a snob and refuses to copy onto cheap cd's ! 2 failures for cheapies, replaced em with Samsung and it recorded OK. Samsung aren't expensive I agree, but I didnt want the game that much anyway !

Well good you see the running commentry all by yourself LOL but glad to see your sorted the problem. Maybe a lesson to be learnt by others as well, with cheap CDR's you get what you pay for !

Certainly true CM !
And you know what the old comeback is about "You talking to yourself ?" - "Yeah, it's the only way I can gaurentee an intelligent conversation !" :D :D :D (I wish it were true !!)

By the way CM - I'll be asking you a few questions about getting movies onto ordinary CD's in due course. Problem is, I dont have a DVD-Rom at the moment. Sooo......

Yep, pretty hard to convert a DVD without a DVD-ROM in the PC. But with prices dropping for them almost daily, there is really no excuse for anyone not to have one in their PC.

No probs, when you get there blast away with the questions.

H

Houman

ChickenMan said:
Yep, pretty hard to convert a DVD without a DVD-ROM in the PC.......
LOL...... Amusing stuff reading this posts :D

Phil, I do agree with ChickenMan you did great as being the Judge, the Jury and the executioner all in one post. Keep it up mate ;)