Plextor 241040A firmware 1.02

Good news if you have the 24X Plex writer.It makes a good writer even better!You can get it at

w*w.plextor.be/

HI Weaseman..Welcome to the forum bud!...The Liteon 24102B is an excellent writer.It was my original choice.I could only find the Plex locally(expensive,OUCH)!

Get the Liteon, it's the most popular writer right now!Price sounds great too!I paid 380 Canadian for the Plex,plus our stupid taxes!

The Liteon can do everything the Plex does.;) Perfect SD2 backups ....no problem!:)

Good News then...

woody. Can buy this burner in St Catharines Ontario(i see yur from Canada) for a fair price($249.00). I just might grab it. Using an Acer 1208a right now...works good so far...have read some good things about the Lite-On burners though and the Plex 24x...Plex are tooo expensive as burners go nowadays...I thank you for your tips and appreciate your posts and replys and the way you help people. ;)

Thanks for the compliment bud!I would just like to say that you helped many people as well at the Cdrforum,it didn't go unnoticed.;)

So the Liteon CAN do SD2 ?

Is this right ? I have seen this about and thought "Nah, cheap rubbish" but if you recommend it and say it succesfully copies SD2 (my Plextor 8x4x32 certainly does NOT) I may well take an interest. I wonder how much it would be in the UK ? How much in Canada did you chap-type-people say ? ;)

Hi bud:welcome to the forum!Only two of the Liteons will write all the protections.The Liteon 12102B ,and the Liteon 24102B they write Sd2 perfectly.The other Liteons do not!

The price quote for the 24102B is 249.00$ Canadian.:)

Hmm. if I remember right the UK quid is worth about C$2:40 so maybe around £110 which is certainly not bad at all. I was extremely pissed off at the changes Plextor had been said to have made to their firmware to make sure they did NOT copy SD2 and was damn sure I was not buying Plextor again. Apparently they changed things around again for the 24x and put the older firmware was put back. Considering they were sniffily claiming that they had done no such thing, then why the climbdown ? And why does the 24x do it while the 20x DIDN'T ? Bloody businessmen - hand in sodding glove.

TEAC 16x10x40 - does this do SD2 ?

I am serously considering a completely new Comp system, and the writer is a TEAC 16x10x40 and I was wondering if this one does SD2 as well as the above mentioned Lite-On's ???:confused:

Nope no good bud!Check in the news section.My Sd2 writers list is there,it's quite accurate!Oh,yes the Liteon's are really a good deal!:D

Oh,Phil:just thought I'd mention that the new Plextor has a different chipset now that allows it to do SD2.The Liteon's are using the same chipset.It's made by Mediatek.

N.B.

Staff member
Yep, some time ago Plextor only produced burners which were NOT capable of copying SD2 !
Some time ago we even claimed they modified their firmware in order to make sure that no SD2 CD passes the burning process !
This was a really nice article, going around the world, and many people mailed to Plextor, others didn´t buy their stuff and so on ..
I guess Plextor has learned out of it:
If you want to sell your drives, make them SD2 capable ! :)

Woody, NB - a pleasure to read this - damn interesting ! I will be having a gander at the section mentioned too !